Sunday, June 19, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up...

So, it's been about forever since I've been in blogging mode.  I'm not really sure what I've been up to, but it surely hasn't been blogging and has hardly been running.  Here's some randomness of the past two weeks:

I had the opportunity to go with Emme's 2nd grade class on their end of year field trip to the coast.  It was a lot of fun and at the same time one of the most exhausting days I've ever had.  We left the school around 7am and had a mini tour of the state visiting the Oregon Coast Aquarium...




 the Yaquina Head Lighthouse...
downtown waterfront at Newport...
Ona Beach...
and finally the Sea Lion Caves before arriving back at the school a little before 6pm.
Like I said, it was a lot of fun but a loooooooooong day.

Calvin graduated from kindergarten.  They celebrated the last day with a day at the park.  Calvin had a great time with his class
and I had "fun" pushing Leona in the swing and trying to keep Jonny from escaping, over and over and over again.
Speaking of Jonny escaping, he can now easily escape the playpen and just tonight came close to getting out of the crib... he was hanging off the edge... kind of like below.
None of my other kids were into trying to kill themselves the way he seems to be.

I cut Leona's hair.  I think it looks pretty cute and she absolutely loves it.  After I cut it, she was dancing all over the place.  She thinks she is Rapunzel from Tangled... which by default makes me Eugene.  (Sorry if you haven't seen the movie, it is her favorite.)
Tomorrow (Monday) will be our first day of summer break.  Technically it started on Friday, but since Dan had the day off from work it just seemed like an extended weekend. Right now the only thing we have on our agenda is to head to the pool for some afternoon fun.  You can tell it is still early in summer break because I'm actually excited to have the kids home with nothing but time to play... we'll see how long that lasts.

As for running, I haven't been doing too much of it.  My friend Heather and I registered for the Columbia River Power Marathon in October and will start officially training for it in a couple of weeks.  I have been getting to lap swim when I get the opportunity and plan to start running more regularly this week.

We have our big trip for this summer coming up.  The kids and I are going to St. George (Utah) with my mom, grandma and aunt, while poor Dan stays home and works.  It should be a lot of fun, outside the fact that we'll be in the car for a couple of days and Dan will be at home working.  :(

I think that about does it... what have you been up to?  Any fun plans for the summer?  If I can get things together I have a couple of giveaways I'll be putting up this week, so check back in.

4 comments:

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

You have adorable kids!
I just decided on my next marathon too but it's not till December, so I don't really know what to do with my training right now. ha

Kris said...

Love the pics of the kids! And I totally got the Tangled reference.
I clicked on the marathon link, I'll be running a marathon that weekend as well:)

Fruit Fly said...

Your day on the coast looks like so much fun! I haven't been to the Oregon Coast Aquarium in over a decade. Looks like I need to get back there and check it out!

My summer plans are just pretty much hanging out either at home or in Portland with Biker Boy ... with races thrown in here and there. Then I get to end it all with a long weekend in Disneyland. So excited!!

XLMIC said...

Hahhaha! My 4th kid is just like yours! Total escape artist/daredevil. She is 2. I want to do a roadtrip w/ the kids but my husband thinks I am a nut :P I would be doing it w/ no other grown up …so that probably does qualify as 'nuts'!

That trip to the coast did look fun but like a marathon in its own right :) glad you had a good time.