Monday, May 9, 2011

Ugh its Monday.

Anyone feel like pouting with me?
My week is already not off to a good start.  I don't know what it is about Monday that can be such a drainer.  I woke up with such ambition and plans and alas it is now a little after 10 and I have yet to accomplish any of them.  I've been dressed and ready to go running for over 2 hours, yet haven't even come close to stepping out the door.  Leona is still in her jammies and Jonny is basically begging for a nap but I was hoping to put it off until he was in the stroller.  I could blame it on my ridiculous washing machine that stops washing every 5 minutes and has to be beaten into submission or the fact that I spent over an hour trying to be a plumber, which I found out I am not.  (Sorry Dan, the bathroom sink is now worse.)  Or, maybe it has more to do with the fact that I had an incredible Mother's Day complete with a 2 hour nap (I know, can you believe it?!!)  and now I'm coming back down to reality.   However, I think when all is said and done it's just Monday and sometimes Mondays just suck.

11 comments:

FruitFly said...

My day is flying by, but I'll be happy to pout with you. I'd rather be home banging on a washing machine or putting away my dreaded laundry - versus working. Seriously, I have a pile covering my guest bed. Most of my clothes are now in that versus on the hangers. Ugh.

XLMIC said...

I really hope your Monday gets better :) There's a smile and here's a (((hug))).

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

But you are in your Eugene MARATHON finisher shirt!

Heather said...

I can relate. I am thankful every Monday that it is my assigned rest day!
I hope things start going more smoothly by tomorrow.

P said...

Oh, sweetie, sounds like somebody has a little bit of the post-race blues! I certainly hope your plumbing/washing machine troubles get taken care of soon.

me/mom/NANA said...

I will gladly pout with you too. I spent the morning at the DMV, the Police Station, the insurance office, the car body shop, and the repair shop. The only good news I guess would be I don't have any little ones today. I hope to take some extra drugs for my headache and body pain and take a nap after I finish my laundry and baking. Hope your day get lots better. I would be willing to bet that a good run will help you out. Love ya.

Tricia said...

hope tomorrow is better!

Marci said...

I love that picture. I know you look sad, but it still makes me smile.

tri like mary said...

Booo for Mondays!

track coach and adorable wife said...

I'll pout with you. Sometimes we just need to be allowed to wallow before our super hero powers kick in and we get back on track. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day though!

Dick said...

I agree Laurie...Mondays pretty much suck! But I'm commenting today, and it's Tuesday...and it's going to be a GREAT day! Sign up for the Ridgeline Ramble, and you'll feel a lot better.