Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  I'm feeling pretty recovered from my marathon.  By Tuesday I was able to go down stairs without doing a funny sideways hop, and by yesterday I could sit on the floor and get back up again without much hesitation.  I went on a couple of nice, brisk walks and even managed to jog a shopping cart back to the cart return without crying.  I had originally planned to take this entire week off from running and blogging and I did pretty well, it is Thursday, but I think the time has come.  If for no other reason than for my sanity's sake, I need an easy run.  I will go easy.

2.  Leona is driving me bonkers.  I think that might have something to do with not running.  Yesterday at Emme's soccer practice she was playing at the playground with a friend when I hear, "MOOOOOOOMY!  MOOOOOOOOOOOOMY!".  It wasn't an, oh my goodness, something is wrong sort of yell, but it was loud and obnoxious and had everyone looking around for her mommy... who may or may not have been hiding from her.  Anyway, I scooped up Jonny and moseyed in her direction where I was met with more cries of "Mooooommmmy" until I finally arrived at the bottom of the slide.
"What is it Leona?"
"Mommy, you. have. got. to. see. this.  It. is. soooooo cool."
"What is it Leona?"
"Dora shoes!!!! That girl is wearing Dora shoes.  Do you see them?  Do you, do you?  They are so cool! Mooooooomy!"
And with that, I may or may not have told her how exhausting she was before I went to catch Jonny who was trying to join a pick up game of basketball with a bunch of college kids.

3.  I found the next marathon I want to do.  Ridgeline Ramble.  Most likely I'm not dumb enough to do it, but I'd like to.  The problem is it is in less than 3 weeks and it is a trail marathon.  I haven't done much trail running lately and oh, there is the whole thing about having just finished my first marathon less than a week ago.  But then there is the little voice that says, well you proved you can run 26 miles and you wouldn't be racing this one, it would just be another long run on a Saturday.  Plus there is also the not so little voice that came from my mom saying, "You can't do it.  You would literally die."  My mom, of all people should know better than to tell me I can't do something.  :)  And no mom, I would not die.  Don't worry though, I'm probably not that dumb, probably.

14 comments:

Kovas said...

Be dumb - sign up!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Couldn't you sign up for the marathon, then drop to a shorter distance on race day? Instant PR for 12.4 miles, I'm sure!

FruitFly said...

I saw that they made Ridgeline Ramble a full marathon this year. I did the 10K last year as my first ever 10K race. Wow, was I un-prepared. It was such a challenge, but certainly memorable and I'm glad I did it.

SO, I pretty much kind of hope you do register so I can hear how the marathon version of it is!

Jenna Renee said...

I say do it! :)

Jill @ Run for the Hills said...

You don't want advice from me because I do ridiculous things all the time. But if I had a strong base, I would just do it. :)

Callie. said...

there is nothing quite like your mom telling you NOT to do something, that makes you want to do it even more.

Emz said...

just wanted to tell you today.

you
are
awesome.

Catey said...

I totally neglected to comment on your marathon post, so CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
I love that you are debating another marathon in 3wks! Looks like it would be a fun one. And hey, you can always just wait a couple of weeks and decide the night before or even day of! It's not like you haven't put in the work to prepare..... :P

Small Town Runner said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize that ridgeline was a full now.

The kids at the playground....it is as if you have stepped into my very life. :)

Glad you are recovering well. It sounds like an easy run would feel good for many reasons.

jackie said...

i vote with everyone else...just do it!

me/mom/NANA said...

I think we would have known you were talking about Noni in #2 even if you hadn't given her name. She is really something. I vote against everyone else. DON'T DO IT.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Your mom is funny! i think trail races sound fun! I would never do a marathon, but I am a wuss, so go for it!

Quinton J said...

LOL...keep us posted. Seriously...now I want to know what you end up doing.

Courtney said...

Yay for recovery and normal walking! ;)