Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pouting Party Over

Despite the fact that Monday had a less than stellar start it ended up being a perfectly lovely day.  First though, I need to back up to my awesome Mother's Day Weekend... yeah, that's right I said "weekend" it takes more than one day to celebrate the greatness that is me... ha ha.

So, on Friday of Mother's Day Weekend, the kick off began when the devilishly handsome UPS man sauntered up to my door to graciously and so eloquently place his specially wrapped package on my doorstep...  okay, not really.  Our "sexy" UPS man is actually a woman who ran up the steps, threw the box at the door, banged a couple of times, yelled "UPS" then ran away before I could get the door open... but the first story paints a better picture and the result is the same:  I got a package.  Inside the special package was this:
awesome new trail shoes!!  aren't they purty?!
It wasn't really a surprise... except maybe to Dan who hadn't yet been told they were my Mother's Day present, ha ha.  Needless to say, I was super duper happy though.

That led to Saturday, where, after a morning of watching Emme play soccer, my second Mother's Day present was to be dropped off at one of the trail heads to the Ridgeline Trail and test out my new kicks.  It was absolutely awesome!!  I looooooove running on the trails.  I spent most of my time taking pictures (which I'll share on another post) here's a sneak peak though:

and really enjoying myself.  I don't run on the trails too often because it's a bit too dark in the early mornings and they just aren't built for double joggers.  With my new shoes, that I feel the need to justify though, I think I'll be making a lot more trail running opportunities.

Finally, the real day of celebration arrived.  Dan made it awesome for me, getting the kids & me breakfast.  He took care of Jonny the whole time we were at church and changed most of the diapers.  Then we had a super tasty brunch followed by a two hour nap!!  He also made dinner and put the kids to bed.  Once the kids were in bed, I also enjoyed a very lovely soak in the tub which was followed by an excellent massage "with no strings attached".  :)  No wonder Monday morning was so rough... it's hard to follow up a weekend like that!

Anyway, like I started out saying, Monday afternoon was quite pleasant.  I ended up completing all of my laundry (despite the best attempts of my dysfunctional washing machine) and managed to get my house in some sort of order.  We then enjoyed watching Calvin's last soccer match as a family and came home to some fried chicken.
Soccer always goes better when Jonny is "well contained"
Calvin keeps the other players at bay by taking up lots of space
I'd love to say he was doing a bicycle kick... nope, just being Calvin.


Jonny trying to fit in with the girls.
Today the sun is out and it is shining!!  Also, Dan will be getting off work early and we're going to pick him up then I'm going to hit the trails again... happy, happy me!

9 comments:

Julie said...

ohhhhhh...those shoes are adorable!
The kids, too!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Love the shoes! I would love to try trail running someday. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I love "no strings attached" massages!

LB said...

beautiful shoes, beautiful trails!!!

love the soccer pics, i cant wait until haley can play :)

XLMIC said...

LOVE the backpack photo of a contained Jonny :) His smile made my day!

Lovely new shoes! So glad you had a nice weekend :)

Heather said...

No strings attacked? I have never heard of such!!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

That Dan is quite wonderful, I must say!

misszippy said...

New kicks and a trail to test them on? Life is good!

Julie D. said...

oh fun shoes!! sounds like a great weekend! My husband didn't know what he got me either! my favorite kind of present! :)

FruitFly said...

Fabulous weekend! Your children are just so darn cute!

And new shoes - they are the best, aren't they?!?!