Friday, May 20, 2011

Playing chicken... with the ducks.

I don't know what was up with the ducks this morning, I think they were all suicidal. They were out in full force and just hanging out on the path. By hanging out, I mean that they were just sitting there in the middle of the path and they didn't have any desire to get out of the way. I seriously almost stepped on one. He was coming at me me and I was going at him and he seemed to think he was a lot tougher than he was.  I did have to do a little stutter step to avoid hitting him, however, he was the ultimate "chicken" that moved off the path. Ha ha, victory for me! I was running sans stroller but I don't think the outcome would've been much different had the stroller been in front... well, except maybe the duck wouldn't have fared so lucky. Have you ever hit anything while you were running? I hit a dog with the stroller once... but that's another story for another day.





So far it has been a beautiful day.  Right now I'm babysitting a friend's daughter, which is awesome because she is super mellow.  It also means that my kids all of a sudden like to play with their toys again (nothing makes your toys seem appeasing like someone else playing with them) so everyone is happy... and I have time to blog.  Win, win.

Here's a bonus picture (mostly for the grandparents).  When I got home from running, Jonny was awake, so I tucked him in with Emme while I got ready for the day.  How could I not have a great day when started with smiles like that?!
Hope you're having a great day.  Enjoy the sunshine if you're able.  I know we are going to!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

How absolutely precious!! :)
That is a great way to start the day!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Way to beat those ducks! Your kids are adorable!

Dick said...

It's mating season, Laurie. That's why the drakes are a little bit on the slow side. The poor hens do everything they can to evade the drakes...even to the point of flying into traffic. I had one try to fly through my windshield about this time 3 years ago.

FruitFly said...

Cuddling children - too cute!

misszippy said...

Your little ones are adorable!

No animals on runs, but my husband once hit a groundhog on a bike ride!

Amanda@runninghood said...

OMG that last picture makes my heart melt!!

The Turtle said...

Your little ones are so sweet.

Heather said...

I haven't run over anything, but I give everything a wide berth. I definitely am "chicken" fist.

The sleepyheads are adorable.