Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mostly Wordless Wednesday: The Jogathon

Today was the annual Jogathon fundraiser for PE and music at my kids' school.  Leona, Jonny and I met up with Calvin and Emmeline at the track to have some fun with the kids:
Emme walking with a boy... ooohhhh
A little bit of dancing...

a little bit of watermelon eating
a little bit of stroller pushing
a little bit of racing
and a lot of smiles.
Overall, we had a great time.  Counting the mile walked to and from the track, Calvin ran just over 6 miles and Emme finished things off with an even 5 and a half.  While we were there, Leona also did a nice sprint and walk program that helped her get in a mile as well.  With an exception of Jonny, who was lazy bum and slept in the stroller the entire time, I would imagine that bed time will be much anticipated by everyone this evening.

7 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Super fun! That's a load of mileage too!

Jim ... 50after40 said...

So cute ... wish my "little ones" were still that little.

FruitFly said...

Dang! Your awesomely adorable kids are even more in shape than I am!

P said...

Holy moly your kiddos lasted a really long time! You have a team full of future marathoners in your house, for sure!
Love all the pics, looks like a really fun day.

Dick said...

I LOVE my grandkids!!! The pictures of Emme takes me back about 24 years...I think we have a few of you at that age, and from the back it would be tough to tell the two of you apart!

Small Town Runner said...

These pictures are sweet! A day I am sure none of you will forget. :)

chasingalittlelion said...

So much cuteness in those pictures. Your kids are fantastic little runners! While I don't wish for him to grow up any faster, I look forward to when the kiddo will run like that!