Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BuildASign.com is my ticket to acceptance

A little while back (okay, it was a looooooong time ago, I'm way behind) I was contacted by the fine people at BuildaSign.com to review their product.  I was super excited and spent the next few weeks trying to figure out what it was that I wanted.  At about that same time, all the cool blog promoting stickers were floating around on the Internet.  At first that is what I thought I wanted to do to... an awesome sticker to give to all of you so that you'd think I was cool too.  I immediately started designing my sticker to share with the blogging world.  I had soooooo much fun doing that.  The website is very easy to navigate and there are tons of templates to choose from that you can modify to create exactly what you want.   Or, if you're feeling really brave, you can start from scratch and create and create until you've designed an original masterpiece.  Here is my first creation.... because who wouldn't want to express their love for me in beautiful pink and orange hues?!
Luckily, though, Dan brought it to my attention that everyone might not want to show their devotion to me publicly (some may even still be in denial about their feelings) so I went along a little bit safer line... the love for my incredibly wonderful state.  One can never go wrong with yellow and green:
I thought for sure this would be a winner, but just in case some people THINK that their state is superior I then designed a nice and girly generic "run happy" sticker:
How can you look at that and not want to go for a nice, long and super happy run?!  I thought for sure my mind had been made up at that point.  I would order the Run Happy stickers.  Then I was perusing the website some more and came across the car magnets.  Oh, how cool where they?!  Then it came to me... all of my blogging peeps are going to love me for me, whether I give them a sticker or not (sorry guys) but the people I really need to bribe, suck up to, make a good impression for their love is my new Hood to Coast team.  See, I'm the newbie on a very well established team (this will be their 8th year running) and I think anything I can do to show my devotion will be greatly appreciated.  So, with that in mind, I contacted my Hood to Coast captain to find out if our team could use some window clings or car magnets to help with the van decorations.  I was met with a very enthusiastic "Yes!" and specific details of what the team would like, including size dimensions.

I took my new found information and instructions back to the BuildaSign.com website and with the help of Megan (who by the way was extremely patient and helpful) designed some pretty cool looking car magnets.  Here is what they look like on the website:
and here is what they look like on the side of my washing machine, where hopefully they will be safe until August for Hood to Coast:
they are really as bright and shiny in person as on the website, my basement is just a bit dreary
I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.  I think they just might be what I need to be accepted by the group... well that and a fast 10K split. A huge thanks to BuildaSign.com.  They've honestly got some really cool stuff and their customer service is second to none.  If you ever want to be accepted by your peers through bribery need some sort of bumper sticker, yard sign, magnet... you name it, you should definitely check them out.

I was contacted by BuildASign.com to receive and review a product of my choosing.  My review of said product, although very late coming, is completely honest and completely my own.

6 comments:

BeePieRuns said...

haha! I do love you Laurie! and I love the run happy sticker. What a good idea to make magnets for your team - they're definitely gonna love you too :)

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Very cool, perfect for H to C! I think they would've loved you anyway, without your bribe, just like we do!

Emz said...

I
LOVE
this.

Personally I want the
"I love Laurie" one though.

Small Town Runner said...

How cool that you got on a H2C team! I would love to do it.

The stickers are GREAT! Love the one fore your team , but they all turned out nice.

Small Town Runner said...

Oh man, I hate the fact that you can't go back and edit comments! for, not fore ;)

FruitFly said...

That is a fabulous idea! And then something you'll all have to remember the crazy bond you'll develop during Hood to Coast. Very cool!