Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just keep running, running, running... what do you do you run, run...

My good friend Marci had a dream that I won the Eugene Marathon.  It's very encouraging, I think I just might be able to do it, I'd only have to take about, oh, I don't know 4 minutes off my mile pace...  ha ha, yeah right.  I've been having running dreams almost every night too.  Unfortunately my running dreams never involve anything super spectacular, usually I'm just running and running and I can't seem to find the end or the start or wherever it is I'm supposed to be running to.

Just the other night I had a dream that it was race day and I woke up a little late and had to rush to the start of the marathon, which was of course at my kids' school... because things in dreams always make sense.  When I got there the "helpers" were yelling at me to hurry up, saying I just missed the start and I better get going.  The course went inside the school up and down the hallway and over a couple flights of stairs before heading through the gym out to the playground.  I was running and running and when I got outside I still didn't see any other runners.  It turned out the course then went onto the school bus and out the emergency door in the back before climbing up a super steep hill.  I remember thinking that it just didn't seem right and I couldn't figure out why no one else was running with me.  Needless to say, when I woke up I was exhausted and felt like  I had literally been running all night.  (Which reminds me of an awesome pickup line, "Are your legs tired?  They should be, they've been running through my mind all night!"  Ha ha, so cheesy.)  I've had a few other dreams too and they all have the same theme, running and running and running with no end in sight.  Maybe I should stop going to sleep while visualizing every inch of the course I'm going to be running.

In non-running news, Jonny climbed into the bathroom sink again today to, I don't know, brush his teeth I guess.  I was downstairs in the basement and I heard him shrieking like something was seriously wrong.  I came sprinting up both flights of stairs to find him in the sink with the water running.  It wasn't even two minutes since the time I left him in the living room until the time he went upstairs, climbed into the sink and started his own little bath.  After realizing that he luckily only had the cold water on, I couldn't help but laugh at the slimy little guy, sitting there in his jammies while the cold water poured out all over him.  I'd love to say that hopefully he learned his lesson, but I'm sure he didn't... I however have learned mine... take the camera with me everywhere I go.  :)  Either that or ALWAYS keep the bathroom door closed.

10 comments:

misszippy said...

Dreams do come true sometimes! ; )

Too funny about the little guy--they can get themselves into amazing predicaments!

Beth said...

You never know! :) Having the race of your life could be considered "winning"!!

XLMIC said...

So awesome that you are having and remembering such vivid dreams! That is a real talent and skill. But it can be exhausting.

So funny about Jonny…especially since it all turned out okay :P. And do remember that camera!

Tricia said...

ha! kids are funny

Penny said...

Maybe your dream will come true. I always so God works in mysterious ways. That is so funny about you little one and the bathroom stink. Little ones do some crazy things and you just need to capture them in pictures.

P said...

I think you could totally win the marathon! Running dreams are so funny. I have them, too, and they're very similar to yours - lots of crazy scenarios and never getting to where I'm supposed to be. Thankfully, those dreams never come true!

Richelle said...

I had a lot of running dreams before a 10-miler I did back in 2008 that I only had a month to train for. I think you will be fine.

Your kids definitely get into quite the predicaments!

BeePieRuns said...

I always start having running dreams when I haven't run in a while and they usually involve me running and running and running and never getting tired or worn out. Wouldn't that be a dream come true??
Oh, Jonny! Sounds like my youngest at that age... :)

amy said...

Let the pre-race dreams begin!

FruitFly said...

That's too cute - about the sink. And the dream. Interesting that you had a school bus obstacle course in the middle of your race!