Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter (in pics)

We had a pretty decent weekend.  Although we have been feeling a little bit "blah" at our house, we managed to enjoy a beautiful super soccer Saturday (in the sunshine, hooray!) followed by a little bit of Easter egg coloring:


 




Go Portland Timbers!!
 

 Then we woke up bright and early on Sunday (6:20 is just a tad too early in my opinion) to look for Easter eggs:  
Jonny was pretty excited
 and quick to discover his basket contained some chocolates
 which, of course, he stuffed by the handful into his mouth as quickly as possible before they could be taken away from him
 I thought Calvin was pretty excited about the Legos in his basket, but this pictures makes me think otherwise.  Hmmmm.

 And finally, Emme, Calvin and I got dressed up to go to church.  (Dan stayed home with Leona and Jonny who were both pretty snotty and gross.)
Church was actually really nice (maybe it was because I wasn't chasing Jonny around the whole time).  The choir sang a couple of really beautiful songs, one of which the older primary kids got to participate in.  Emme didn't smile a single time she was up there and Calvin was quite relieved that it was only for the older kids... guess music performance just isn't my kids' thing.

As for running, I enjoyed my "long" run of 8 miles on Saturday.  I only have 3 runs scheduled for this week and then it will be race day!!  I think I'm pretty nervous because every time I look at anything Eugene Marathon related (or marathon related for that matter) I start feeling kind of nauseous and antsy.  I would imagine those feelings will only intensify as the week goes on (I'm sure I'll be fun to be around).  Luckily I have a lot of other stuff to take care of this week to distract me... speaking of, I have some laundry that probably isn't going to do itself.  Hope you all had a great Easter weekend.  Happy Monday (even if it is almost over)!

8 comments:

Alanna said...

Happy Taper! I wish I felt nauseous about the marathon. Last time I didn't feel worried at all and then I spazzed on Colin when I couldn't get my bib on straight the night before... it's funny in hindsight. I've already warned him that I might lose it Saturday night! :)

me/mom/NANA said...

I love those children. Thanks so much for the photos. You have a real gift for getting their personalities in the photos. I would like to say just stop stressing over the run on Sunday. We know you will do great. You always do. You are great.

Richelle said...

Your kids are adorable! Glad you had a fun Easter. Good luck at Eugene!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

They're all so cute! I hope Miss Leona got some gummi bears in her Easter basket...love that kid!

XLMIC said...

Look at you! Super mom with the whole egg dyeing cups and ever'thang! lol

Happy Easter! And happy taper :)

Zaneta said...

LOVE your pictures!! :) So cute!! :D Sounds like a fun Easter weekend!

P said...

I can't believe you didn't make a 26.2 egg. :) I am still weeks away from my next race and already feeling nauseous, too. You, of course, are going to be AWESOME, so you certainly don't need to spend any time feeling anxious.

Small Town Runner said...

Beautiful faces...and eggs! =D =D

Hoping your taper is very restful and that all the sick bugs stay away from you!

I should be there Saturday, yay! Looking forward to seeing you and the other racers for a fun sendoff!