Monday, March 7, 2011

A Year Already?!

I can't believe how quickly a year can go by.  It seem like just yesterday we were bringing this little guy home from the hospital to join in on the craziness that is our family. 
And now it's a year later and (besides trying to figure out the best way to escape the playpen) he's basically running the craziness that is our family.
So, Saturday, March 5th, Jonny turned one.  He celebrated by falling back to sleep before I could get his pancakes ready for him.
Then proceeded to sleep most of the rest of the day, running a fever of close to 104 at times, and only wanting to be held when he was awake.  Poor little guy.  :(
So, much to the kids' dismay, we waited to celebrate (eat cupcakes & open presents) until Sunday when he was feeling a lot better (but not well enough to go to church... or get dressed).
At first he was a bit hesitant... 
"What am I supposed to do?"
but then he figured out there was good stuff inside the colorful paper.
Then there was the present from his Nana & Papa that came wrapped in a bright and shiny paper bag (bet that's the last time they let me pick out and wrap their present)
which only presented the difficulty of how to get it out...
but with a little effort, and a lot of tongue sticking out, he succeeded. 
A little while later, it was on to the cake:
(No, I didn't make the cute green monster, but I could have... if you want, we can pretend I did)
He liked the candle
but wasn't really sure what to do with the cake.
Finally he poked at it
and tasted it a bit.
Then with a spoon, was much more eager to dig in.
I think he only maybe had a couple of bites of cake but he sure had a fun time playing with the frosting.  As much as it was nice to have him sick (not because I enjoy my kids to suffer, but because he wasn't climbing up on the table every couple of minutes) it was sure good to have him back to his busy, cheesy self. 

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We've been pretty sick here (cold/sinuses/fever... you name it) so it turns out it was a good week to rest my knee... I don't know that I could have been running had I wanted to.  I had planned to get back on track today but am going to give my head and chest another day to clear up before I head out for a run.  I'm starting to get pretty anxious as I have now missed over a week of training, but hopefully I'll get back up to speed relatively quickly.  

Have a super Happy Monday... it's going to be a great week!  Don't forget about my InknBurn 4arms giveaway.

12 comments:

Teamarcia said...

What a handsome birthday boy! Hope all the illness passes fast.

Julie said...

What great pictures of big boy!! I loved the tongue sticking out one but that last one with the cake is awesome!

Heather said...

Such a cutie. Happy Birthday!!

I hope he makes a full recover soon!

misszippy said...

Oh, so cute! You're making me miss my kids being babies!

Stephanie said...

You always make me chuckle. "Bright and shiny paper bag". LOL Love it. ;) Happy birthday to the little man!

P said...

Happy Birth Day to you both! Love all the pics of your little cutie-pie!

XLMIC said...

Such a cute birthday boy! Looks like he was able to have fun on Sunday :) Those pics of him sick and sleeping are too adorable, though.

Kris said...

So cute! Happy to hear he's on the mend. Happy Birthday!
I'm sure you'll be back up and running in no time!

BeePieRuns said...

Awww, so cute! I'm with you on the sick kid thing, sometimes it's nice to have a break. Hope he feels better soon, tho!

tri like mary said...

What a cute little guy! Happy birthday to Jonny!

runnerchick said...

That is so cute!!!Totally reminded me of when i was a kid. I had an Oscar the Grouch cake when I was 3 that looked a lot like that one and still remember my grandma kind of having a cow when I ran my finger through the icing:))))Still have the pix too.

FruitFly said...

I will echo everyone else here ...

Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute, Cute!!!

I want one!! :-)