Thursday, March 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  I hate pancakes.  Okay, that isn't entirely true, I think pancakes are very tasty.  I hate cooking pancakes. I am without a doubt the messiest pancake maker that has ever lived.  It doesn't matter how carefully I try to pour the batter or turn the pancakes I can never do it without making a huge mess.  You'd think that after having a good 12+ years of pancake making/turning experience I would have gotten it down, but that isn't the case.  Also, what is it about pancake batter that makes it turn into industrial strength glue when it dries?  I swear if you don't wipe it up the instant it is spilled you'll need a chisel to get it off the counter and no matter how hard I try, it seems I always miss at least one drip.  You know that one little dribble that managed to sneak under the griddle and hide out getting harder and harder until a mere paper towel swipe will have nothing on it.

2.  Jillian Michaels kicked my trash the other day.  I thought I was in pretty decent shape.  No, I haven't really been cross training or lifting weights very often, but for the most part I feel pretty good.  Plus, when I was doing her workout, I felt pretty good, as in, "hey, look at me, I may not have the rocking six pack and killer thighs that you do, but I'm hanging right in there with you."  Wrong.  I have sore muscles in places that I didn't even know had muscles.  I could hardly move yesterday.  I think what she meant by "working problem areas" was "I'll make it a problem for you to go up and down the stairs and don't even think about trying to sit down... you may as well learn to stand to pee right now."

3,  It looks like Jonny will be smiling big and bright for his one year birthday pics with a nice and shiny black eye.  He and his oldest sister managed to take a tumble out of the dining room chair this morning right onto the hardwood floor. (Emme felt pretty bad but came away unscathed.) It's okay though, it covers up the bruise that was already there from taking a nose dive off the bottom step just two days ago.  Did I mention that his new favorite thing to do is climb up onto the dining room table and stand up?  I definitely don't see anything good coming from his ability and desire to climb.

Well, that's it.  Hope you are all having a great Thursday.  It's almost the weekend... hooray!  Don't forget about my giveaway.

9 comments:

Emz said...

nothing says
birthday
quite
like a
black
eye.

That's what pancake flippin' Jillian says, right?

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I so want a one story house. The stairs remind me of being injured, they bring out every ache and pain. Good job with Jillian!

XLMIC said...

Carys is totally a table dancer, too. It is driving me nuts! She turns two on Monday.

Pancakes! Do you use a ladle? That might help... a little. And yeah... the glue factor... of course it is just a step away from papier mache so I guess it's understandable :P

I am so impressed with your cross-training! I need to get on the stick with that one.

Kovas said...

Nothing good can come from climbing?! He could be an arborist or save cats in tall trees or be the fireman on the long ladder or so many other awesome things.

LB said...

i need to come to your house and show you how pancakes are made. im the pancake master!!!! i love them, could eat them for every meal. and i can whip up a batch in no time flat (and without the mess!)

Tricia said...

pretty sure thats a requirement with little boys. Seems like everytime we have pictures scheduled, Dash does something crazy and ends up with a bruise or skinned knees or something. crazy kids :)

Amber @ Betty Meets Jane said...

Jillian kicks my ass everyday and for no good reason. Its all about what you put into it. So good for you!

Deanna@MilesToRun said...

I think it's funny that you struggle with pancakes. :) That's cute.

Catey said...

I'm with you on the pancakes-thank goodness for an awesome waffle maker! :)

Which Jillian workout are you doing? I'd love to have a killer one for the days when I don't make it out to my classes!