Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dan is the Man

So, I'm coming out of my Sudafed induced coma to brag for a few bits about my wonderful husband and why I think he is so great.  Yesterday, he showed up shortly after lunch time from work to "take care of me".  This involved sending me to bed, and doing multiple batches of laundry.  After I woke up from a 2 hour nap (I know, can you believe it?!) he began making dinner, which was followed by showering/bathing all 4 kids and then putting them to bed.  Then he rubbed my feet.

His judge (he's a judicial clerk) is out sick this week from work, so he has also taken today off from work and has already let me sleep in, made breakfast for the kids, got them ready and sent off to school and cleaned up the kitchen... along with finishing up the laundry from yesterday.  Usually being a stay at home mom, means that when you're sick you just have to suck it up and do the best you can, most likely suffering along in the process.  I tell you what, I might just have to play this whole sick thing out for as long as I can... ha ha just kidding.  He is a great guy though, and it has been so nice to be so well taken care of.  And, he's doing it all out of the kindness of his heart... it has nothing at all to do with the fact that by being home he is able to watch Champions League lunch. ☺

Don't forget about my giveaway... if you haven't entered yet, you're missing out, it's a good one.  I am feeling like maybe I'm on the upswing, I still can't breathe, like at all, and my head feels like it could implode at any second but some of the throbbing has subsided and the thought of running doesn't make me quite so nauseous.  In fact, I might even be starting to miss running a bit.  ☹  Soon, hopefully REALLY soon.

11 comments:

Deanna@MilesToRun said...

What a great husband! Sorry you were sick, but I don't think you could have asked for better care. Very sweet! You are very blessed.

Kovas said...

Your husband is a great guy, sounds a lot like me.

misszippy said...

Serious props to your husband! Glad you are starting to come out of it.

me/mom/NANA said...

Dan has ALWAYS been the man. I remember him being "My little man" many years ago. I am thrilled that he is so much like his father and wants to take care of you. He is a real blessing and you deserve it. ENJOY the day and hope you are feeling better real soon.

Catey said...

Yahoo for getting a sick day!! And a nap. :) Hope things improve for you quickly!

P said...

You are a very lucky girl, other than that whole "sick" thing! Hope you're back up to speed *groan* again soon!

Heather said...

Good for him..and you. I hope you are better quick.

ErinandShane said...

I need a 'like' button for this one!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Just checking to see if you are still participating in the Virtual 5k - ends Saturday.

Courtney said...

Awww what a sweet husband! And I hope you feel better soon

BeePieRuns said...

Yes he is THE MAN! Way to go Dan! I always know when I'm starting to feel better, too - I start dreaming about running in my drug-induced dreams :) Glad you're starting to feel better!