Tuesday, March 15, 2011

All about Jonny

So, yesterday, poor little Jonny got to go in for his one year old check up, which also served as his, why do you have a fever and keep acting so miserable appointment. After poking and proding him along with stripping him down to his birthday suit to and placing him absolutely screaming his head off on the scale, we found out that he is right in the 50th percentile for his age in height at 29" and brining up the bottom 10the percent for his weight at a whopping 19lbs. Much to his relief, he was able to put all his duds back on before the doctor came in to poke at him some more. Turns out he has really bad infections in both ears along with some junk in his lungs. So, it's antibiotics for the next 10 days which should do the trick to clear him up. Good news is, he'll be feeling better soon and he also didn't have to get any vaccinations because he was so sick. Bad news is, in 3 weeks when he's feeling tip top, he gets to go back, have his weight checked again and then get those vaccinations he missed. I'm not really sure what's worse for him, the shots or the weight check. Can't say I blame him, if someone made be get nekkid then go out into the hall and sit on a scale I would probably throw a fit too.

After we picked Calvin up from kindergarten and got home, Jonny crashed on the couch.
By the time he was done with his little power nap, his fever has sky rocketed to 104.9!!  Luckily we were able to bring it down without too much effort.  He seems to like the flavor of the meds (thank goodness, because it would have been a long 10 days of forcing them down his throat) and already today shows signs that he is feeling much better (ie smiling, climbing on the counters, bugging Leona...).
Sorry... it's blurry and snotty but the best I've got.
In running news, I slept in this morning but took Leona and Jonny out in all their rain gear for a quick little 6 miles after Emme and Calvin left for school.  For the most part I'm feeling pretty good.  My, knee seems to be somewhat improved and I think I may have figured out part of the problem I was having... more on that probably tomorrow.  For now, I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday... only a few days left to enter my giveaway.

9 comments:

The Running Mama said...

baby girl was almost that exact same height and weight at her 1 year! she might have even been 18.5 lbs... hope he feels better soon. a sick baby is no fun for mama!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Man, don't they bounce back so quickly when they have medicine? Poor little guy!

Courtney said...

Poor little guy! Hope those meds kick in ASAP

XLMIC said...

That crashed out on the sofa pic is to die for! Cuteness!

My youngest is a stringbean, too. She just turned 2 and is 33 inches and 22 lbs.

I hope he continues to feel better :)

Mom_2_Pippa said...

My little guy is a munchkin also! He was 19lbs at 1 year also. I just took him in yesterday because he went cart diving at walmart on sunday, earning a trip to the ER and he weighed 22lbs with all his clothes on. My little guys, is 6 months old and only 4 lbs less...yikes!!
I hope your little man gets to feeling better soon!

Mom_2_Pippa said...

My little guy is a munchkin also! He was 19lbs at 1 year also. I just took him in yesterday because he went cart diving at walmart on sunday, earning a trip to the ER and he weighed 22lbs with all his clothes on. My little guys, is 6 months old and only 4 lbs less...yikes!!
I hope your little man gets to feeling better soon!

FruitFly said...

Poor little guy - with that precious face, you can't help but feel bad for him. I hope he is better really fast!

Amanda@runninghood said...

What a sweet little guy! Glad his fever went down. Poor thing.

Kris said...

My Sweet Pea was only 19 pounds at her one year appt too! Of course my doc said, "Eh, she just takes after you."
I think he was referring to height, but I decided to take it as a compliment anyway;)
(she was in the 5-10% for height too and I'm only 5'.)