Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well...

I didn't run today.  The day isn't even close to over, so technically I still could (like sometime tonight after Dan gets home, hooray Dan will be home tonight!) but I probably won't.  I woke up feeling great, my knee wasn't really bothering me (just a very faint stiffness) and I totally planned to run.  I even went as far as getting dressed to run and layering the kids up in their running gear (you'd be surprised how many layers I make my poor kids wear when we run on cold days).  Leona was actually excited, she was begging to go running... that hasn't happened in a loooooong time.  (I think it might have something to do with the portable dvd player.)  For whatever reason though, we just never went out the door.  Somewhere in the back of my mind I started thinking that maybe I should take one more day off.  I think it's probably a smart thing to do, which is unlike me, usually I'm crazy and wreckless and live for taking chances... I do have 4 kids after all.  :)  Anyway, thanks for all of your advice on stretches, wall sits and resting, I plan to do a little bit of all of it.

Instead of running I've been window shopping on Lululemon.  I'm pretty excited, because yesterday in the mail I got a $60 gift card from them.  See, way back in September when I ran the Eugene Women's Half, they promised the participants (as a total surprise, we knew nothing about it at registration) a free pair of Lululemon shorts.  Awesome!  Well, it turned out that there were some problems with shipping and stock or something and they didn't have them at packet pickup.  No problem, can't miss something you didn't even know you were getting.  Well, time passed and I kept forgetting about the promise of free shorts, but the Eugene Women's Half kept reminding me by sending emails saying they were sorry and that they'd have more news soon.  So, I'd get excited again then forget again until last week when I got an email from EWH saying that Lululemon had decided to give everyone a gift card.  Cool.  I forgot again (I think I have a little short term memory problem) until yesterday when I checked the mail and there was a nice red gift card waiting just for me to spend on anything my heart desired (well up to $60).  Hooray, hooray, hooray!!

However, now that I actually have money to spend I don't know what to spend it on.  Do you have any Lululemon gear?  What would you recommend?  Do you ever have trouble spending gift cards?  It's really silly, but I could be totally broke and find something that I absolutely have to have but when I have some "extra money" to be used someplace specific, I tend to save it until I find the exact perfect thing.  It's like I'm afraid to waste it.  Is that weird?  I wouldn't be surprised, I do lots of weird things.

12 comments:

The Running Mama said...

i love their clothes! they just opened a new store here in columbus and i could spend hours in it! i would NEVER know what to buy with $60 to that store. so many fantastic options!

Sarah said...

I bought one pair of their groove pants and quickly turned around and bought a pair of wunder unders, the scuba hoodie and the stride II jacket. They are all great!

GEC Online Community said...

Hi Laurie! Glad to hear you got a little red giftcard in your mail. Congrats on finishing the marathon and hope to see you in-store soon!

Cheers,
Laura
lululemon athletica

Run with Jess said...

Just checked out Lululemon's website. Wow! They have some cooool stuff. You shoudl have no problem spending that gift card!!

I love surprises like that in the mail!

Pemberton Family said...

I have a serious obsession with Lululemon. Seriously best workout gear ever but way too expensive for my budget. I have been gifted with some great gear from there by my mom and sister though. I have a pair of groove pants, a scuba hoodie and a pair of stihl pants. The groove pants I ordered in my regular size since their fitted but the stihl pants I went down a size because they are a looser fit anyway and they fit really well, I probably could have gone down 2 sizes. Their sizes do run big. Have fun choosing!

XLMIC said...

A $60 gift card?!!! How awesome is that?!!! Oddly, I do have a hard time using gift cards. Not sure why...

I think it is good you took another day off :) Wait until tomorrow and hit the road with a vengeance!

Teamarcia said...

I was sniffing around in a Lulu this weekend but managed to refrain from buying anything.
I do have a jacket I adore and a couple of headbands.
I'd love to get some yoga pants but haven't yet.
I totally have my eye on another jacket with a big Lulu logo on the front. Not sure what it's called but it's $138.
Have fun using the GC!

trifitmom said...

ohhhh how fun. love lululemon. i have a long sleeve run shirt that i love, i have a pair of running shorts, i like them - they have a wideband BUT i feel like my muffin top pops over it. pair of awesome dance pants that are literally the warmest most comfy things i own. have fun !!!!!!!! oh and i have a job bra and a tank top...love them all

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Here's to rest days to get rid of injuries! I know you'll find something great with your gift card.

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Can't wait to see what you get! Their store freaks me out. I went in there once and the sales people were all up in my grill. I left quick!

racing dawn said...

I'm the same way with $...

Forsure post what you get!! Love Lulu...

Meghan said...

I just stumbled across your blog, hello! I also ran the Eugene women's half, and was excited to get my gift card! Happy shopping/running!