Friday, February 25, 2011

It's Friday!

Yesterday we had a snow day so the kids got to stay home from school.  This could have been fun if there would have actually been some snow but the 3 inches that was projected turned out to only be about 3/10 of an inch of accumulation.  Oh well.  On my way to get my haircut (yes, I finally got it cut!  I'll talk about that soon) I actually saw someone shoveling their driveway.  It was pretty silly.  First of all there really wasn't any snow to shovel and secondly the sun was probably melting it faster than the lady was shoveling.    This town cracks me up when it comes to snow, it seriously shuts down at the mere threat of the white stuff.

As I mentioned, I finally took the initiative to get my hair cut.  I went to a place called Just Hair and saw Jeffree who was awesome and came complete with scissors tattooed on his forearm and sparkly green nail polish to match his green earrings.  I was there for almost 2 hours and it was great.  I seriously could have taken a nap.  Jeffree did an excellent job and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.  I think now that I've found someone that cuts my hair the way I like it (thins it out and uses a razor... I'm not too hard to please) I'll probably keep it this shorter length for a while.  Anyway, here are the pics:


 I don't really have a before pictures because I never do my hair.  The last time I straightened it (and had a picture taken) was for this shot.  Otherwise I'm usually looking like some variation of this:
hair pulled back with some type of headband
My new style, really isn't shocking or anything all that new, it is what I usually go with when I'm not too lazy to get my hair cut.  It will force me to actually do something with my hair on a daily basis (besides wash it) and maybe not look so frumpy all the time.  It will however require a little more creativity when it comes to running as I can't stand to wear my hair down when I'm working out.  I'm thinking lots of clips and headbands and rubber bands are in my very near future.

Speaking of running, I've only done it once this week... 8 miles, yesterday.  My knee held up pretty well, but it's sore again today.  I'm going to be racing participating in the Fall Creek Run Around 20 mile race tomorrow so I've opted to rest my knee another day today and see how things go tomorrow.  I definitely won't be "racing".  Even when I signed up I knew it would be much more of a training run than a race for me... but it is still a race which means I'm already super nervous about it.  Mostly I don't know what to wear.  Silly, I know.  It's supposed to be sunny but only in the upper 20's.  I don't know how warm I'll get.  I'm thinking that I'll go capris and a tank with arm sleeves and then a jacket over that.  The jacket will give me pockets to carry my fuel in and if I end up getting too warm it ties really well around my waist... but do I want to run 20 miles that way?  Hmmmm.  Anyway,  I think it is going to be a beautiful run, very cold, but beautiful and I'm just going to enjoy it.

So, that's it.  It's Friday, which means... it's the weekend!  Hooray, enjoy.  Happy Running!

Also, when I got home yesterday morning from getting my hair cut, I was greeted by these two cute little guys:
Jonny stayed cuddled up with Dan most of the day.  He sure is happy to have his daddy home.

9 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Your haircut looks great!

I can call Ken and send him out to stand around and catch your gloves for you on your run. Just let me know.

Good luck this weekend and go easy on your knee.

Run with Jess said...

Cute cut! Why are so many hair dressers reluctant to use the razor and thin it out!? I have the same problem when going to a hair stylist. I'm always like "more..."

Your boys are too cute. :)

racing dawn said...

Love the haircut! And I get mine thinned out too every time...makes life so much easier!

Good luck tomorrow!

Joleane said...

Good luck tomorrow! You'll do awesome.
Say Hi to Daniel for me. Hope all went well for him the other day.

The Turtle said...

I love your haircut. At the salon I went to today the male hairdresser had a scissor tat on his arm. It must be common in the industry.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Love your hair. You look great! I know what you mean about how funny it is to see how people in our area react to snow. Our snow day was such a waste of a snow day...I mean it was nice but funny. I grew up in Colorado where we got real snow. Take care of that knee...like you need me to tell you that.

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

So cute, I love it!

jackie said...

Your haircut looks great! Have a good run tomorrow

BeePieRuns said...

I love the haircut! I'm also very lazy about going to get my hair cut. About once every few years I get ambitious and get a cool new cut and tell myself I'm going to style it every day... still working on that one :)