Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm Freezing!!!

Seriously I am so cold it's ridiculous.  Calvin got home from school and immediately took his socks off but I made him but them back on.  Here's how it went down:
me - "Don't take your socks off, it's cold in here."
C - "But I'm not cold!"
me - "Well I am."
C - "But I don't want to wear my socks!"
me - "I don't care, I'm cold and so you need to have your socks on."
C - no response to that, just looked a me like I was a crazy person, but he put his socks on, so I won!

I'm not sure why I'm so cold... I think maybe it has something to do with the fact that, for whatever reason, when I got back from my run today I thought it would be a good idea to try on swimsuits.  Why?!  I have absolutely no idea.  First of all I was a yucky, sweaty mess and secondly, I have absolutely no plan to wear a swimsuit anytime soon.  Anyway, during the time I spent parading around in my bikinis and tankinis I managed to cool off enough from my run that a very long and very warm shower didn't do enough to warm me back up.  Since then I've had some very hot, hot chocolate and even sunk to the level of doing my mom's tricks for getting warm... housework.  I always hated it when I was younger, here's how it would go down:
me & siblings - "It's cold in here, can we turn up the heat."
mom - "I'm not cold."
us - "Well, we are."
mom - "I'm not cold because I'm cleaning, you should go clean your rooms, it will warm you right up."
us - "mumble, mumble, mumble... let's go get some more blankets."

So, I guess I'm off now to grab another blanket or two or better yet climb into the flannel sheets that are on my bed and snuggle down under my down comforter... mmm, that sounds nice & toasty.

6 comments:

XLMIC said...

I can't believe you did a swimsuit parade and didn't take any pictures for us! lol

Hope you're warmed up now! :)

Emz said...

cold.
freaking.
sucks.

I'm cold in AZ. freezing toes.

can't even imagine if I lived somewhere where it was ACTUALLY cold.

coffee anyone?!

FruitFly said...

You poor thing! I hate it when I cool off from a run and then never warm up. I had a night with the electric blanket up as high as it could go, flannel pants, knee socks, t-shirt and a hoodie and I still couldn't thaw out. I feel your pain.

And I REALLY feel your pain on the mom thing. That is totally something my mom would say - and her mom would have said. Oh my gosh - you know some day you're going to say it, too!

Teamarcia said...

I'm always pretty chilled after winter runs...and what is it with these always warm, sockless kiddos? I think I've got a friend for yours!

BeePieRuns said...

I just found your blog and love it! My daughter also rarely wears socks and would prefer to wear just undies all day long... she's also pretty hot-tempered to go along with that hot blood :)

me/mom/NANA said...

Come on down. It is 82 in the house, the fire is roaring, and we have to open the front door to cool off. Wish it was 80 outside instead of in here. It is just 36 outside so I guess I will stay in.