Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I ♥ Road ID


Last summer I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate to Road ID from Miss Zippy (thanks again!).  I was super excited and quickly ordered the Wrist ID Elite in yellow.  It came very quickly and I have hardly taken it off since.  I actually get lots of compliments on it from non-runners saying what a cool thing it is.  It is a super cool thing because I run alone (or with my kids in the stroller) a lot and if something happened I know that whoever found me would be able to get in touch with Dan or my mom.  On mine, I also have my birth year, hometown, blood type and "smile... this is fun" because sometimes I need a reminder that I am having fun when I'm out there running.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you if you don't have a Road ID yet, you should get one.  They are very reasonably priced, as is their shipping (only $1.49!) and their customer service is beyond excellent.  Late last fall, I received an email from Road ID saying that they have updated their clasp on the elite band because they had received complaints that it would randomly pop open and if I was experiencing this problem they would gladly ship me (free of charge) a kit to replace my current clasp.  Well, I had been having this problem, but never even thought about contacting them about it, until they contacted me.  The new clasp was shipped super quickly and came with a link to a video that showed step by step how to switch it out.  Also, today, I received another email from them:
 Apparently they have constructed a new and better clasp for the Wrist ID Elite and they are offering it to existing customers for only $5!  How cool is that?!  I think it's pretty cool myself.  I was already thinking of getting a new band but I will definitely be getting one (or two or three... there are 8 colors to choose from, it never hurts to have variety) now.  Also, when you place your order, they have a little menu where you can choose what charity you would like some of your purchase amount to go towards.  There  are some really great ones to choose from and you are given another option to donate additional funds yourself.

So, that's it.  I just wanted to let you know that I love my Road ID and that I think they are a great company that really does try hard to help others and keep their customers happy and coming back.   Again, if you don't have a Road ID, you really should look into getting one, they have many options to choose from and are a lot easier than running around with some other form of identification.

Quick Update:  Tricia is hosting a giveaway for a Road ID, so maybe you can win one.  Head over and check it out!  Just click HERE.

Disclaimer:  I received absolutely nothing for this review.  I did it all on my own because I really do love my Road ID and think everyone should wear one.  :)

7 comments:

FruitFly said...

I am also a big fan! I wear it on every single run, no matter how short it may be. I think I even wore it at the New Years Eve race just as a safety measure since it was dark and I was up there all alone. I've already decided on my plan where, IF I get attacked by someone, I'm ripping that and my Garmin off so that there will be a trace of who I am and where I was. I am so morbid to think of these things I know, but if I get kidnapped I at least want to leave a trail!

And of course if something normal happens I want somebody to call my mom so she can come take care of me!

Angela said...

I have a pink one but its not the elite one. I'm contemplating getting another one in a different color, like maybe Blue to represent my love for the Auburn Tigers, LOL!!!!

BeePieRuns said...

I have been thinking about getting one for ages, just never got around to it... it's great to hear that you've enjoyed yours so much and recommend it.

Tricia said...

I love Road ID too and am actually hosting a giveaway of one right now on my blog

XLMIC said...

I'm thinking I need one of these. Thanks for all the info and the plug!

P said...

I love my Road ID! I have the shoe one and am thinking about getting a wrist one for bike rides and just general wear (can't be too safe, right?)
I am a HUGE fan of companies that make such a point of charitable donations, this makes me like Road ID even more.

Andrew Opala said...

... did you click those links yet? Not Safe for Work BTW.