Friday, February 4, 2011

Fantabulous Friday

Today is going to be awesome!

It has the potential not to be since Emmeline is home from school with junk in her lungs (but "not quite pneumonia" says the doctor) and a nasty ear infection in both ears, Leona has already sneezed her brains out multiple times and Jonny is still wheezing away while Calvin is finally on the upswing (with no school on Friday for kindergartners) which means hyper and obnoxious.  Add this to the fact that I absolutely have to go to Costco today because Jonny needs some formula and I refuse to buy it anywhere else and the result is well... an interesting morning.  However, like I said before today is going to be awesome!

I did get up early and get my run in.  Jonny and I managed to sneak in 12 miles before Dan had to get on the bus for work so now I only have to run 9 tomorrow to meet my weekly mileage... hooray!  Nothing quite like cramming a whole week's worth of workouts into the last 3 days of the week.  The run was great though because I lost my bondi band (that I was using to keep my water bottle from bouncing around in the stroller) somewhere during my first 6 mile loop so on the second time around I spent the entire time scouring the ground for it.  I figured it was surely a lost cause... a black piece of cloth on the dark sidewalk... but it happened to be right under a street lamp just waiting for me to pick it up.  Score!

I'm pretty sure my parents are coming to stay the night tonight on their way to my sister's meet in Seattle.  This means free babysitting!  It has been so long since Dan and I have gone out on a date and I'm super excited.  Harry Potter is playing at 10:20 tonight and even though it is waaaaay after my curfew I think we're going to go see it.  Maybe we'll even get popcorn and make out in the theater as though we were really dating.  ha ha  :D  So, yes, today is going to be awesome!

I hope you have an awesome day today too... and if you're racing this weekend, run fast & run happy!

10 comments:

giraffy said...

Yay for awesome days! Good luck at Costco ;)

Julie D. said...

LOVE free babysitting!! Have a great weekend and hope your kiddos feel better soon!

Jill said...

Found Bondi Band AND date night? What could get better...aside from healthy kids, of course, but date night trumps kids :). Have a great weekend, girl!!! Stay sane!

misszippy said...

Have a great night out!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

A movie sounds awesome. All we have planned for tonight is P90X. You win.

Tortuga_Runner said...

Lost bondi band found, sitter and date night? You just made 90% of blog world jealous. Great start to a great weekend.

XLMIC said...

So cool that you got your run in AND found your BondiBand! And might even get a date night?! A great day, indeed :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Emz said...

seriously the first sentence.

freaking awesome.

just. makes. me. happy.

Heather @Chatterstorm.net said...

Date nights and making out in the theater? priceless!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Hope you're making out with Dan at the movie theater right about now! :)