Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter Break in Review Pt.2 (the run)

As alluded to yesterday, I did manage to get a run in while we were yurtin' on the coast.  It just so happened that there was a nice 1 mile trail around Lake Marie and it was awesome.  I did 3 laps and would've loved to do more but was having a bit of booby bouncing problems (due to the whole basically cold turkey weaning thing) and was in really a fair amount of pain.  Anyway...

It was a beautiful run and I took a lot of pictures, here are some of them:











There are the yurts across the lake... ours was the one on the far right.
 There were only a couple really muddy spots otherwise it was a pretty well maintained trail.  I had the whole thing to myself for the first two laps, but the second I ran into a man and his dog which wasn't too big of a deal except the dog wanted to run with me.  This also wouldn't have been so bad except the dog had a small tree stick in his mouth that stuck out on both sides and he kept running into me with it.  Fortunately, when I stopped running, he listened to his owner and returned to play in the water with his stick instead of beating me with it.

Overall, happy run = happy me.

Later on we all went back to the trail to explore a bit.  
Here are some pics of that if you have nothing better to do today are so inclined:


What a cheesy kid.
Throwing rocks in the lake of course.
Luckily Leona was throwing pine cones as she tended to hit Emme more than the lake.
Me, probably yelling at Calvin to not throw rocks while standing in the lake.


We squished poor Jonny right out of this picture... ha ha.

13 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

That looks totally and completely gorgeous. Not your boobs bouncing, but the landscape. I give you credit for staying in the yurt. In my family we all need about 1,000 sq feet per person to not kill each other. Good farting room too. You look great love the pic of you and your husband.

Kovas Palubinskas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ErinandShane said...

I'm loving these winter break posts. Great photos

FruitFly said...

Oh my gosh! Once I saw these pictures I realized that I know exactly where you stayed! My dog and I love to stop there and wander around on our way to Coos Bay. It is so cute and peaceful down there!!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Is it only me, or does Johnny look just like your husband? Great pics!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Cute cheesy kids and well-groomed trails.

Amanda@runninghood said...

yup, looks like gorgeous Oregon! Love it! And how cute are you and your family??! Beautiful really.

Detroit Runner said...

Oh, I could SO use some of that weather now!

Julie @ Hotlegs Runner said...

awesome landscape! And that cheesy kid is too cute! *bite*

MuncherCruncher said...

That trail looks beautiful and your kids are TO DIE FOR! What a darling lil' fam you have!!

racing dawn said...

If I had trails like that right now I'd be able to run more than one day a week... ;)

Your kids are darling - you're all pretty stinkin cute! Love your hat. :)

ERG @ Elkton Runner said...

LAke marie is great! I am happy you got to do the yurt thing :) Very cool!

Your kids are just too cute!

Ooh.weaning ... It should make for easier marathon training for you (after things go down) :). I weaned Levi in the middle of my Eugene training last year and it left me with some similar issues to what you are experiencing. Hope all goes smoothly for ya there!!!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Gorgeous pics... I need a trail running vacation.