Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Winter Break in Review Pt.1

It seems like it is taking me a while to get my life back in order after winter break which is why I am just now getting around to post about Christmas. In case you missed it, we spent the first part of winter break, including Christmas, in a "deluxe yurt" on the Oregon Coast. Although we weren't actually on the beach, we were just a touch inland on Lake Marie.  If you are curious a yurt becomes "deluxe" when it is equipped with indoor plumbing (i.e. shower, toilet, sinks), a full sized fridge/freezer, a microwave, and a tv vcr/dvd.  We were very impressed, it was quite spacious (the bathroom was twice the size of ours at home), even with two adults and 4 kids it really never felt crowded and it was really clean.  Overall, we had an amazingly fun time.  Here are a few pictures of our trip:
Ol' Yurti... really wasn't so slanty, must just be me and my photog skills
Decorating the tree... isn't it a cute little thing?!
Stockings all hung... on the coat hooks with care.
Nice vaulted ceilings... and a sun roof so Santa can get in.


Plenty of room to play Super Mario Bros. Wii in new Christmas jammies...
as well as Epic Mickey.
Calvin looks quite enthralled and Dan is trying to bring back the pegged pants look. :)
There was even a spot just big enough for Jonny to get stuck between the fridge and the wall... over and over again.

We really did have a great time (especially since Santa was able to squeeze through the sunroof without waking anyone).  It was so fun to be away from everything with nothing else to do but be together.   I think it will definitely be something we look into making a family tradition.  I even managed to get a nice little run in while we were there (so much for the all being together part... ha ha).  If you're lucky I might even get around to blogging about it tomorrow... but only if you're lucky.  Happy Wednesday.

10 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Now that is a unique Christmas! Very cozy and fun!

Stephanie said...

Bren has Calvin's exact same jammies! How fun! Was that an open ceiling at the top? How neat to have Christmas away like that.

Jenna Renee said...

Sounds like a great trip! Love the pics! :)

Julie said...

That looks so awesome! I bet I could get my husband to Yurt if I showed him these pics! Camping? He refuses to go with us. Yurting? Just might be the compromise I've been looking for!

Detroit Runner said...

Looks like a neat place to stay

Heather said...

Looks like fun. There is nothing like Christmas Jammies!

(Your baby is too cute. All them are, but I am having a slight baby longing.)

P said...

You crack me up with the yellow and green (go DUCKS) stockings!! Looks like a really fun adventure, I love all the pics. Even the slanty one. :-)

Adrienne said...

That looks really neat. I'm pretty sure with my 3 boys they would likely burn the place down before our time was up. Love the idea of being all together without the static of the outside world.

FruitFly said...

The yurt looks really fun! If I ever have to camp, I think the deluxe yurt is going to be the way for me to do it!

Jill said...

It looks awesome, totally love that skylight with the ceiling fan. And those full stocking are just adorable! :) Happy 2011 to you!!