Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Morning of Mourning

In case you missed it, my poor ducks didn't come through last night, despite a pretty solid effort at the end, which is sad for several reasons:  1.  They lost, I don't like losing.  2.  College football is now over.  3.  My poor husband will be fairly depressed about #1 & #2 for a bit.  I tried to change my background to black and grey tones (in honor of my morning of mourning) but couldn't get it to work... so just pretend it's all doom and gloom here.  Here is what goducks.com has to say:

"Hey, you didn't win the national title game, but remember last month when you won the conference for the second year in a row, remember how happy you were then?"  It's like a visibly disappointed parent trying to console their hurting child and saying it's okay, you gave it your best effort and we're still proud of you, we'll always love you even if you are a loser... maybe next time you can do it.  (Okay, that's a bit harsh, I promise I will never say that to my kids.... unless of course they are losers... ha ha just kidding.)  I wonder what the header would have said had we been national champions?  Probably something a lot less wordy, like "#1!!!".

Anyway, I still love my ducks and think they had a great season, but enough about that.  How 'bout some running talk?  I'm headed out tonight (all by me onesies, anyone care to join me?) to watch the Hood to Coast movie.


I'm pretty excited (see how quickly my mourning is over) because I love going to the movies and I haven't been in a very long time.  I'm also excited because I'm going to go see a movie about running, specifically running a race that I have the opportunity to participate in this year.  I think it will be a lot of fun and, if not, at least I got out of the house for a "night on the town", that in itself will be fun.  I'll be sure to tell you all about it, unless of course I fall asleep... it doesn't start until 8:30 and I'm an old lady that's working on my bedtime.

8 comments:

FruitFly said...

I really REALLY want to see Hood to Coast!! Of course it isn't playing in Roseburg - Springfield is the closest spot. And I am scheduled to run tonight. *sigh* Guess I'll sit this one out and let you tell us about it tomorrow!

Emz said...

I
couldn't
sleep
last
night.

so freaking bummed.

Why couldn't that Auburn knee have been down? uggg. that sucked.

Deanna@MilesToRun said...

I'm going to see it tonight too. How cool that you actually have the opportunity to run the race. If you do...your blogging friends will be rooting for you!

Have fun tonight!

XLMIC said...

Bummer about the Ducks :(

Enjoy the movie... and really hoping you get to run that race!

Teamarcia said...

So sorry about the Ducks. I actually watched. They have the best uniforms if it's any consolation. Have fun at the movie!

Jill said...

Hahaha, having lived in Alabama for a stretch, I had to root for Auburn. Sorry. Really, football doesn't mean that much so I will say I am sorry that your team lost :(.

I ran the CO in place of the HTC relay a couple years ago...what was I thinking??!! Will be a great movie - let us know how you liked it.

Julie @ Hotlegs Runner said...

also watching hood to coast tonight. so excited =)

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

man I soooo wanted to see that movie and got stuck on a project at work