Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm Home!

After what seemed like a pretty long week and an even longer drive home (nothing like averaging 40mph for 180 miles, with 4 kids who have stayed up too late for several nights in a row yet refuse to nap... even in the car), I'm happy to be home.  We had a great time on the coast, then spending time with grandparents, sledding, making cookies and all kinds of good things (that I'll blog about soon... hopefully).  Tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed (and my kids sleeping in theirs) then spending some time tomorrow catching up on blogs, figuring out my marathon training plan and getting some goals figured out for the new year.  Until then here's some of the beautiful scenery I saw today.  Yes, I know, driving on ice while taking pictures with my phone probably not the smartest thing, but trust me, we were barely moving.






Do you have a great (free) marathon training program that you would suggest?  How long of a program do you usually do?  I'm looking at 16 weeks with a pretty decent base already built up, I hope that's adequate.

8 comments:

P said...

So glad you're home safe and sound. What a beautiful (but dangerous) drive you had!
I'm a big fan of the Smart Coach free plans from Runner's World. You can really customize them to fit your schedule and needs.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Glad you made it home safe! yikes, these roads look crazy!

XLMIC said...

Pretty pictures! Also glad you all are home safely and had a good trip.

Happy New Year! May you have awesome zzzz's in your own bed tonight!

Julie said...

Beautiful pictures!

misszippy said...

Beautiful pics! I hope you have a restful night at home (along with your kids!)

Tara said...

Oh these pictures are beautiful! I love the snow covered trees.

I don't know of a free plan (other then Runner's World?), I pay someone to plan my schedule because I am L.A.Z.Y, but good luck! It sounds like you are ready to roll!

Julie D. said...

gorgeous pictures! We had an 8 hour drive ourselves with three kids and it wasn't much fun at all!

FruitFly said...

Holy guacamole! I didn't realize parts of Oregon got SO snowy. That's crazy - and super pretty!!