Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hooray it's the Weekend!

Okay, it's not really the weekend, but it may as well be.  Calvin has been out sick from school since Tuesday and there is no school tomorrow or Monday due to lack of funding... gotta love those furlough days.  To celebrate, as soon as Emme gets out of school today we are heading to southern Oregon to visit with family.  Normally I'm all about putting off packing and getting ready until I'm running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything put together and in the car (and inevitably forgetting a million things), however yesterday I was the picture of efficiency and preparation.  I did 4 loads of laundry and as I folded and put clothes away I also packed the bags.  Trust me, this is not my norm.  Usually I start off with good intentions when it comes to laundry, I tell myself that I will put away each load as it comes out of the dryer, but it NEVER happens.  The first batch gets out of the dryer and pretty soon there are three more loads fighting for room in the laundry basket and my day is over and we pick through the basket finding things to wear until it's time to do laundry all over again.  I'm not really sure what was wrong with me yesterday, maybe I'm getting sick.  Some people get all lethargic and mopey when they are about to be ill, not me... I do laundry efficiently.  Ha ha.

Anyway, with Calvin home the past couple of days, it has forced me to get my runs in early, early.  It has been kind of nice to be out early and be done before most everyone gets up.  As for this weekend, tomorrow is a rest day and the plan is to get 16 miles in on Saturday.  Last I heard, my dad was planning out a good route for me to run and he was feeling pressured to ride alongside me on his bike.  I can't imagine he'll want to go as slowly as I run, so maybe he'll ride in circles around me to make it more interesting.  Have you ever been joined by a cyclist on a run?  I'll let you know how it turns out.  That's about it for me.  I need to get Emme off to school, she's being a dawdler.  Hope you all have an amazingly fun weekend.  Happy Running!

7 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Oooh, really like the new header. Have fun this weekend.

Heather said...

I have a teacher friend in Oregon and I am always shocked by the lack of funding days.......
I often with a cyclist, but it is Saige. She scares me to death with her crazy steering. She is either going to run over me on day. Maybe I should wear the helmet.

Kovas said...

Love the new banner pic! Enjoy your trip.

Heather said...

I love that picture in your header too!

Tricia said...

Enjoy your visit!

racing dawn said...

i love the banner pic too!!!

have a great weekend...i've never ran with a biker, so good luck with that! :)

and i'm coming to olympia, wa for my march race!!! you close?

FruitFly said...

I cannot even believe what you said about your laundry .... you kept up?? You didn't procrastinate?? This is not the Laurie we know!!

Have a great weekend, I'll wave to you when you pass through town!