Friday, January 21, 2011

Doing it in Style

Look at me, I'm stylish... or at least Kris at Run Teenie Run seems to think I'm worthy of the award.  See, here it is:

I feel especially honored because I'm the only one she gave it to... either she thinks I'm that awesome, or more likely, I'm the only one left that hasn't gotten it yet... hmmm.  It has been floating around blog land, but if you haven't seen it, here are the associated rules:
1.  Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
4.  Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!



So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my 7 random things:

1.  I have an enormous sweet tooth.  I love cookies, I love candy, I love ice cream, I love cake... I love cake, smothered in ice cream and cookies and candy... and hot fudge and caramel... you get the idea.  I've been trying to do better and save treats for special occasions, like Friday nights and Saturday nights and Monday nights... basically just not during the day.  However there is one candy that I just cannot say no to... Cadbury Mini Eggs,  I LOVE them.  Luckily they only come out at Easter time, unfortunately though "Easter time" at Albertson's started last week and they put them right by the register saying "Laurie buy me!"... and I just can't say no.

2.  I kind of have a shoe addiction.  I love all shoes, but especially Converse.  If I find a pair on sale I really have a hard time passing them up. even though I absolutely don't need another pair.

3.  I'm also kind of addicted to socks.  I'm really weird about my socks though, it's either knee high or no show.  I can't stand socks that hang out around my ankles or mid-calf.  I don't usually wear socks between about March and October.
This is an old picture from the Rock Your Socks Virtual 10K.
The collection has increased since then, but you get the idea.
3. I'm kind of weird about sleeve lengths too.  I'm either a long sleeved or a no sleeved type of girl.  It's rare that I will wear regular length short sleeves unless they have a long sleeved shirt layered underneath.  I can't really go sleeveless though, so I usually compromise with a capped sleeve length.  I'm absolutely freaked out by farmers tans.  My new favorite thing are my running arm sleeves because I get the best of both worlds, long sleeved and sleeveless all at once.

4.  I also have a thing for flowers... I think most girls do.  My favorite are daisies, I don't much care for roses.  I used to pretend that flowers were a pretty lame way to show affection but secretly I've always thought they were pretty fun to get.  My favorite time to get them is completely out of the blue for no reason at all... like last night for example when my husband came home from work with some that he walked an extra 7 blocks just to get... "Just Because".  Isn't he the sweetest guy?  He also likes to keep things clean around the house.  Lucky me.  :)

5.  I loved Jr. High.  If I had to go back in time I think it would be to that time period.  I had a great and somewhat nutty group of friends.  We all had nicknames and even had shirts made up with the names put on them.  Yeah, we were that cool.  I don't have any pictures but just imagine neon colors, big bangs, crimped hair, pegged pants, t-shirt slides, LA Gear and double socks in colors to match our two over sized t-shirts.  My nick name was "North-South" because my last name was North... pretty creative huh?

6.  My foam roller and I have gotten pretty close over the past few weeks.  I'll admit it wasn't love at first use but it has definitely grown on me and now we are pretty intimate.  As I've been using Ol' Foamy a lot more I have also been leaving him around a little more which makes him accessible to my rugrats.  Yesterday he sustained a fair amount of damage:
 
I think set of teeth #1 were most to blame although #2 look pretty suspect too.

7.  I sometimes tend to be a copycat/follower (isn't that the most sincere form of flattery?).  With all the cool movies being made around there I had to jump on the bandwagon and try one out for myself.  I had a lot of fun.  Although I can't compete with SUAR (on just about anything) I do think mine turned out pretty well... at least it made my husband laugh so I feel I have succeeded.  

So, that's it.  7 things about me... and most of your day taken up.  

I'm not going to tag 10 people.  I have my sights set on just one.  Sheena at SheenaSheen .  She is a relatively new blogger who recently completed her first 1/2 marathon and is currently training for her first full marathon.  You should check her out and say hello while you're there.

Happy Friday... have a great weekend!

22 comments:

XLMIC said...

I love the accompanying pictures... all of them! And I laughed at your video, too :)

I love finding more out about people! Thanks for the share!

Heather said...

I love the video!!
The part about your foam roller vs. the kids' teeth is hilarious too. Thanks for the entertainment!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

video was awesome. lol. I had to hide my foam roller because of my 2 year old. Looked like a dog got to it.

Alanna said...

T-shirt slides! I totally forgot about those. I used to wear one on my tie-dye shirt. I also used to do the two sock thing, but rolled mine down. I refuse to believe that was lame - it was in style! My bff and I used to wear the same outfits all the time... unfortunately I do have photo evidence of that.

Deanna@MilesToRun said...

Although I've been a follower for a while, I just read your "about" page today. I loved getting to know you better. Your kids are adorable!

Loved the little movie from today's post. Very cute!

Adrienne said...

I LOVED that movie! Awesome. Love your sock, converse....I can totally relate with the 4 kids and Wii make up time.

FruitFly said...

Now I always thought you were cool, but I see we have TWO new things in common!

I don't have my crazy Converse collection any more since I just hate wearing shoes period. But in high school I would take pictures of my collection arranged in various ways.

And as I type this I'm wearing some loud black and hot pink knee socks. If I'm not in silly knee socks, but have socks on, then they are low and I am running in them.

Did you go to South Eugene? If so, that's where my cousin went back in the day! Class of 1995 I think.

Baby teeth are so cute! :)

misszippy said...

Great job on the video! I'm so impressed with the creativity of some of you folks. And I'm guessing you are in the minority for liking middle school, but I think it's awesome that you did.

Great collection of shoes and socks!

runninglawyer said...

Be glad you aren't living up in the great white north - Canada has mini eggs almost all year round! They come in christmas editions (red and green only) too! I am equally addicted, and it's a problem!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I tagged you a stylish today, too. You are just a mind reader, I tell ya.

Emz said...

ok
dare
I
say.......

the best facts ever.

the shoes. the socks. the food. the video.

this takes the cake [errrr, eggs]

tri like mary said...

Love your blog! I have five pairs of converse and people think I'M crazy! Haha. Your collection makes me jealous.

factsnotincluded said...

Thank you so much Laurie for putting my little blog in the spotlight! It was a great surprise and honor, that truly made my day!

Amanda@runninghood said...

This is great. I don't know if I have more than 2 pairs of matching socks...my socks are pathetic. Love your shoes. And I love fresh flowers! I need to watch the video when it isn't so quiet in here...I'm hoping I can squeeze in a bit more me time before my little one wakes up.

P said...

SOOOO many things to love about this post!! But I think my favorite is that pic of your Cons. Holy moly, girlfriend!!
I am also a fan of daisies, but prefer it when my hubby brings me a live plant that I can grow in our garden. It makes me sad when cut flowers die.
Those xtranormal movies crack me up!! I might have to be a copycat, too...

racing dawn said...

loved your video...i'm working on one too - it must the thing of the week! :)

and totally jealous of the sock and shoe collections!

and yes...i too pegged my jeans in jh...the glory days...

Teamarcia said...

I am so with you on the sweets and the flowers and the roller!

Abby said...

New to your blog and just wanted to leave a quick note to say hello!

My husband is obsessed with cadbury mini's, too. He especially likes the dark chocolate ones, which even around Easter are really hard to come by!

Jenna Renee said...

Great video! :)

Stephanie said...

Ah, Laurie, this post just made me miss seeing you sportin' your knee high socks and Converse. :) I love your sense of humor and candy gobbling self. You deserved the award.

Katie said...

You're not the only one who has a thing for Converse! I've got some on right now, and my daughter practically sleeps in hers. Comfiest shoe ever, in my book (well, next to my Brooks running shoes)!

Debbie S. said...

Great video! And I LOVED Jr. High too. Probably why I chose to be an 8th grade teacher..however, it's not nearly as fun as an adult :) Your shoe collection makes me want to dig my Chuck's out of the back of my closet.