1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here are my 7 random things:
1. I have an enormous sweet tooth. I love cookies, I love candy, I love ice cream, I love cake... I love cake, smothered in ice cream and cookies and candy... and hot fudge and caramel... you get the idea. I've been trying to do better and save treats for special occasions, like Friday nights and Saturday nights and Monday nights... basically just not during the day. However there is one candy that I just cannot say no to... Cadbury Mini Eggs, I LOVE them. Luckily they only come out at Easter time, unfortunately though "Easter time" at Albertson's started last week and they put them right by the register saying "Laurie buy me!"... and I just can't say no.
2. I kind of have a shoe addiction. I love all shoes, but especially Converse. If I find a pair on sale I really have a hard time passing them up. even though I absolutely don't need another pair.
3. I'm also kind of addicted to socks. I'm really weird about my socks though, it's either knee high or no show. I can't stand socks that hang out around my ankles or mid-calf. I don't usually wear socks between about March and October.
|This is an old picture from the Rock Your Socks Virtual 10K. |
The collection has increased since then, but you get the idea.
3. I'm kind of weird about sleeve lengths too. I'm either a long sleeved or a no sleeved type of girl. It's rare that I will wear regular length short sleeves unless they have a long sleeved shirt layered underneath. I can't really go sleeveless though, so I usually compromise with a capped sleeve length. I'm absolutely freaked out by farmers tans. My new favorite thing are my running arm sleeves because I get the best of both worlds, long sleeved and sleeveless all at once.
4. I also have a thing for flowers... I think most girls do. My favorite are daisies, I don't much care for roses. I used to pretend that flowers were a pretty lame way to show affection but secretly I've always thought they were pretty fun to get. My favorite time to get them is completely out of the blue for no reason at all... like last night for example when my husband came home from work with some that he walked an extra 7 blocks just to get... "Just Because". Isn't he the sweetest guy? He also likes to keep things clean around the house. Lucky me. :)
5. I loved Jr. High. If I had to go back in time I think it would be to that time period. I had a great and somewhat nutty group of friends. We all had nicknames and even had shirts made up with the names put on them. Yeah, we were that cool. I don't have any pictures but just imagine neon colors, big bangs, crimped hair, pegged pants, t-shirt slides, LA Gear and double socks in colors to match our two over sized t-shirts. My nick name was "North-South" because my last name was North... pretty creative huh?
6. My foam roller and I have gotten pretty close over the past few weeks. I'll admit it wasn't love at first use but it has definitely grown on me and now we are pretty intimate. As I've been using Ol' Foamy a lot more I have also been leaving him around a little more which makes him accessible to my rugrats. Yesterday he sustained a fair amount of damage:
I think set of teeth #1 were most to blame although #2 look pretty suspect too.
7. I sometimes tend to be a copycat/follower (isn't that the most sincere form of flattery?). With all the cool movies being made around there I had to jump on the bandwagon and try one out for myself. I had a lot of fun. Although I can't compete with SUAR (on just about anything) I do think mine turned out pretty well... at least it made my husband laugh so I feel I have succeeded.
So, that's it. 7 things about me... and most of your day taken up.
I'm not going to tag 10 people. I have my sights set on just one. Sheena at SheenaSheen . She is a relatively new blogger who recently completed her first 1/2 marathon and is currently training for her first full marathon. You should check her out and say hello while you're there.
Happy Friday... have a great weekend!