Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let's Talk Football

I ran today, not super early but early enough that I could go almost 5 quick miles, get a shower in and still get out to the store before I had to be back for kindergarten pickup. But that's enough about running... let's talk football.

First of all, thanks to the couple of you who thought that Reese Witherspoon was in fact me.  It's quite obvious that you commenters and I have never met in real life, but I'll gladly take the compliment nonetheless.  And speaking of commenters, it appears that you may not all know who I'm referring to when I say "Go Ducks!".  I understand that this is mostly a running blog, with a little bit of mommy stuff thrown in, but if I'm going to keep my husband reading it (happily) there will probably be a fair amount of college football talk (and maybe a little Shakira too) thrown in (especially during the season, which we are coming to an end of) so it's best for everyone (as in you my poor readers who don't follow college football) if it is understood to whom I'm referring when I say "Go Ducks!"

I live in Eugene, Oregon.  I therefore am a fan of the University of Oregon Ducks football team and to a smaller extent the track & cross country teams too.  I graduated from the U of O and would be a fan even if I didn't live here.  Basically, if you live in Oregon you are either a Duck fan or a loser Beaver fan (sorry Amanda).   Anyway, any references made to Oregon, O, the Ducks, Mighty Oregon, Green & Yellow... just pretty much assume that I'm talking about college football, basically the best, most fun team in college football to watch.  See for yourself... and go ducks!!



And, if you have all day to waste (like I apparently did getting these videos) here are a couple Duck inspired music videos for you:



Plus, it never hurts to have the toughest mascot in college sports:

(Which reminds me, you should head over HERE and vote for him.)

P.S.  the Civil War game is Saturday, so it's probably safe to assume you haven't heard the last of the football talk for this week.

11 comments:

Teri S. said...

I've been enjoying your blog for awhile, but today, well, it really took a turn for the worse :) Clearly we should all be rooting for the Beavers! Just kidding, of course. Keep up the great work!

Emz said...

This is so freaking awesome.


"I love my Ducks [the return of the qwack]." LOVE IT!!

Sign me up for the Duck!

me/mom/NANA said...

It has been snowing here for over 8 hours now without stopping. So for me there is NOTHING more important today than to sit by the fire and watch these over and over again. GO DUCKS

Anna Walker said...

Foooooootball!
:)
Too bad I am not such a fan of college football! I do believe I know a guy who is playing for U of O right now!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

The Beavers? The Ducks? Those people have a lot to learn about picking a fierce mascot!!

Just kidding..Good Luck to your team!

P said...

Well, I care exactly this much (read: not at all) about college football, but I am a HUGE fan of your blog, so... GO DUCKS! That Return of the Quack video was hilarious!
And btw, Hello Superwoman! Five miles, a shower and the store before Kinder pick-up? You rock!

Angela said...

WAR EAGLE!!!! I love football but you know that from me talking nonstop about the Auburn Tigers and from my ramblings on FB. I hope that Oregon wins this weekend and that Auburn pulls out the win for the SEC Championship so we will see ya'll in the National Championship. As you can see I'm pulling for a Ducks and Tigers National Championship. Now that's going to be one great game.

I so can't wait.

FruitFly said...

Ugh. I can't even comment.

.... I am a very proud graduate of Oregon State University! I love being a beaver. I mean we get to make so many great, dirty jokes!

With that said, unintentionally I just stopped caring about football this year. My running really started to progress and I chose to do races versus go to games. I picked a good year to lose interest!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Congrats to your Ducks! Scott is so excited.
Just saw your post on Run, Courtney, Run. So neat! The article turned out really great.

Julie D. said...

LOVE my DUCKS!!! I have the biggest secret ever to keep until Christmas Eve. My mother in law got my husband and brother in law tickets to the championship game for Christmas. He went to grad school there and is where we spent our first two years married! I can hardly keep my mouth shut. I'm so excited. Go Ducks!

chasingalittlelion said...

New to your blog and loving this post. My blog has a similar sprinkling of college football in with running and chasing a short person.

And unless it's the Rose Bowl (luckily not this year), Go Ducks! Otherwise, Go (whoever got the Big Ten Rose Bowl Bid) and GO LIONS!