Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just Some Randomness

I think I've taken an inadvertent runbbatical... as in I haven't run in over a week. I should probably feel guilty about this but in all honesty it has been kind of refreshing.  I haven't been getting up at the crack of dawn to run around in the cold and dark and rainy world which means when the afternoon rolls around I'm not ready to take a nap and I've actually enjoyed a few late(ish) nights (if you can really consider 10pm late) watching movies with my husband.  I've also taken this break from running to rest a sore Achilles and hamstring as well as completely wean my little one (which means maybe I can drop down to running in just one sports bra... hooray!).  That being said I am looking forward to going running again soon and can't imagine I will be able to refrain for much longer.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Christmas.  We aren't headed to visit family though, we are going camping!  Okay, not really camping, we are going yurting and we're staying in a deluxe yurt at that, which with its indoor plumbing, microwave and tv/vcr will basically be like staying in a motel.  Have a look for yourself:

We are all really excited.  The kids sent a letter to Santa letting him know where they'd be so they wouldn't miss out on any Christmas morning goodies and the rest of Christmas is going to be really laid back and low key.  We have planned a few yummy dutch oven recipes and are taking our crock pot too so (assuming we have all the correct groceries) we will eat like royalty.  And if all else fails, we can always make some microwave dinners.  I think, more than anything, the thing I'm looking forward to is having some time away with just Dan and the kids were we will be forced to able do fun things together without being tempted to hang out checking blogs/sports scores/online games...  If all goes well, we'll probably make it our new Christmas tradition.  If it fails miserably, then there is always next year right?

Yesterday, the kids and I enjoyed some unusually sunny weather, for this time of year in Eugene, by heading to the elementary school for some fun... really to get rid of some of the stir craziness that has been our winter break thus far.  Here is some of the craziness that ensued:

I'll be back tomorrow (briefly. I'm sure I'll be scrambling to get everything packed up... nothing like a little procrastination to start vacation) to announce the winners of my giveaway.  You still have time to enter if you haven't already, just click HERE.

As for everyone else, (those of you that didn't enter and won't be checking in tomorrow... what's wrong with you, who doesn't want free laundry detergent?!?) I hope you all have a wonderfully fun and happy Holiday.

Merry Christmas!

Oh, and if you haven't check out Q's awesome Night before Christmas poem, you should, it's awesome!

18 comments:

Rae said...

Have a very Merry Christmas Yurting! :) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Tricia said...

have fun!

Alanna said...

I so want to stay in a yurt, but my husband is a "real" camper and so I always get stuck in a tent!

Merry low key Christmas! That's gotta be the best kind... :)

Jenna Renee said...

Cute pics! Glad you got to enjoy the weather. I was cooped up in work all day. Luckily I have the privilege of moving my car every 2 hours because of Eugene's lovely parking around campus, so I was able to see some sun for brief periods.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

I'd love to try those yurts, can't wait to hear how you like them!

FruitFly said...

I can't wait to hear about the yurt! I do NOT camp, but I think I could handle that!

And looking at your pictures, it looks like you are raising a little pack of world class gymnasts in the making!

FruitFly said...

Oh! And I think it is totally adorable that the kids sent Santa a letter so he knows where they will be. I did something like that to the tooth fairy once ... the letter still exists to this day!

Catey said...

"which means maybe I can drop down to running in just one sports bra.." hahaha! Right there with you. :)

Have a wonderful trip, sounds like a blast!

misszippy said...

A yurt vacation sounds like an awesome way to spend the holidays! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Jill said...

Yurting? That sounds so very cool (anything where I can wash my hair!! Too much backpacking in my 20-30's left me whimpy when I got older :) ).

Have a very blessed Christmas!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

your kids are so stinkin cute!!!!!!!! Have so much fun. I've wanted to try out a yurt for some time now so please let us know how it is. :) Merry Christmas Laurie!

Amanda@runninghood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda@runninghood said...

your kids are so stinkin cute!!!!!!!! Have so much fun. I've wanted to try out a yurt for some time now so please let us know how it is. :) Merry Christmas Laurie!

Amanda@runninghood said...

okay, have no clue why my comment was posted three times. sorry. Just letting you know that I love your blog! :)

Heather said...

Have a great time in the yurt. Can't wait to hear all about it.

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Have a great time on your holiday trip! p.s. I am very jealous of your weather in Eugene. lol

sisterbison said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Christmas! Have so much fun! I'm looking forward to hearing about the yurt. And, side note, aren't Dutch ovens the best?

Check out my blog at:
http://sisterbison.blogspot.com

AshleyR said...

I can't wait to hear about the Yurt adventure! I've always wanted to check one out in person. Merry Christmas!