Friday, December 3, 2010

Furlough Friday

Well, it's another Furlough Friday for my husband so to celebrate I'm taking a Furlough Fitness day.  I think it's fair... if the county doesn't have enough funds to employ my husband today then my body doesn't have enough energy funds to fuel another running day... plus it's a scheduled rest day :).  I would imagine that "resting" will include such fun things as mopping our floors, doing laundry, dusting, organizing some closets... and I'm sure a bunch of other "fun" activities because when my husband is home he feels the need to "deep clean" and as much as I'd love to just sit around on the couch eating bon bons and watching soap operas in my jammies like I would normally do while he's slaving away at work (okay not really, I usually get dressed and read blogs instead of soap operas... ha ha) for some reason I feel guilted into doing a little "tidying up" myself.  Don't get me wrong, I love that my husband likes to clean and have a clean house... I just don't feel like doing it today.  Isn't there a great saying that goes something along the lines of "Why do today what you could put off until tomorrow."?!  I think we should lounge around in our jammies until noon, eat cupcakes for lunch then take a nice long leisurely nap... oh crap, I forgot about the kids, maybe they could feed themselves and tidy up while we're relaxing?  Why do I have the feeling that by the end of today Dan will wish he could have gone to work and I will wish that I had gone running?

9 comments:

misszippy said...

Ha, ha! Always worth a try, right?

Adrienne said...

sometimes on days where I feel like this I wish the hubby is at work to then you can do what you want all day then 5 minutes before he gets home you madly clean and he knows nothing different. Good luck and I think you should have the kids make you breakfast.

Heather said...

YOur plan sounded so wonderful!! I forgot that someone was going to have to take care of the kids!

Enjoy the furlough and the weekend.

Amanda@runninghood said...

I feel like today should be a jammie all day day! I even let my kids watch a little bit of t.v this morning so I could have my coffee and read some blogs. Ha, they loved that! Happy Friday no matter what you do!

me/mom/NANA said...

I love this but I know your house is NEVER dirty. Just think if you do spend today cleaning and then the little ones get in the Christmas mood/spirit you could spend the weekend making paper chains, stringing popcorn, and decorating the house. How will the tree work this year with Jonny? Are you going to have a tree there at home this year even? Either way have a great day and enjoy the extra time with Daniel.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

This is your day to start training those kids! Might be tough at first but totally worth it long term.

XLMIC said...

I want cupcakes. I want someone to watch my kids. Sigh.

My husband does the same thing on his days off.

Enjoy your rest day!

FruitFly said...

I'm sorry, I got distracted at cupcakes. Do you have some? Are they good? I'm on my way.

Jill said...

Cupcakes for lunch in jammies sounds like heaven!!! Hope you enjoyed your Furlough Friday and are having a great weekend :).