Friday, December 17, 2010

Cheer for Your Holiday

I think I've made it fairly clear over the years, that I am not a very big fan of doing laundry.  I think out of all the chores I have get to do on a daily (or several times daily in laundry's case) basis, laundry is without a doubt my least favorite thing to do.  Here's a clue as to how much I loathe it... I'd rather scrub the bathroom until it shines.  Yep, you read that correctly, bathroom cleaning over doing laundry.  Before you say, "no way Laurie, I don't believe you" let me share my logic.  Doing the bathroom is a periodic task, you do it once (a week/month... whatever the need), it takes an hour at most (we have a small bathroom and my boys are still fairly little) and it's done for a while, whereas laundry IS NEVER DONE.  Before you can get a batch out of the washer and into the dryer there is more to be put in the wash.  Then if you get at all behind on the loads coming out of the dryer, you are left with mountains of clean clothes that for whatever reason don't seem to fold themselves nor find their way into the proper drawers.  Pretty soon the clean clothes start mingling with the dirty ones (you know how clothes can be) and everything is dirty again.  Or, just when the miraculous happens and there isn't a dirty article of clothing to be found in the house someone gets sick or decides to bathe in maple syrup or mud and the cycle starts all over.

So, what does my detest for doing laundry have to do with Cheer for your holiday?  It just so happens that the kind people at Devries Public Relations hooked me up with a bottle of Cheer laundry detergent to try out.   I have been using it (almost daily, sometimes more) for the past month and have to say it's good stuff. Its big thing is that it removes dinginess so that your "colors are sparkling bright and whites are superior white".  I'm not sure about that, as we probably would've had to start with nice bright colors and super sparkling whites in order to test that theory and our clothes are far from it, but I will say it got my clothes clean.  Even more importantly though, it left them smelling great.  As I'm sure most of you don't, I don't dry my running clothes, they hang to dry and depending on the detergent, still kind of have a "smell" to them even after they've been cleaned.  Since I've been using Cheer they smell so good, sometimes even the second time I wear them (or 3rd if I'm really desperate.... eww gross, I know, but that's life).  I won't lie to you and say that using Cheer made me happy to do my laundry, I don't think you'd believe me if I did, but I will say that it was great using something I got for free and it really did leave all our clothes smelling great which makes them somewhat more pleasant to fold.  And, when I put the bottle on the washing machine and left it there to subsequently jump off during the spin cycle and spill all over my basement floor, the whole basement smelled fresh and clean for over a week!  (You better believe I scraped up as much as I could to use later too, soap can't really get dirty on a concrete floor can it?)

Okay, enough about me and my laundry, it's your turn.  This is the part where I (or really the people at Devries) bring some Cheer to your holiday.  I have two bottles to give away to not one but two of you my lucky devoted happen to be reading this fans readers.  All you have to do is:

Mandatory: (Please leave a separate comment for each entry)
+1 follow me & let me know you do

that's it, pretty easy & I know time is of the essence this time of year, but if you've got time on your hands and are either putting off all the things you should be doing or are an overachiever and are already done, here are a few bonus entries for you:

+1 visit the Cheer site HERE and enter their current sweepstakes
+1 link this giveaway
+1 tell me what your least favorite chore is

Giveaway will run through the 22nd and the winners (there will be two of you!) will be announced early on the 23rd.  Good luck!

Disclaimer:  I was given a free bottle of Cheer laundry detergent to review but the review is entirely my own opinion.  I was not influenced in any way and received no help in doing my laundry... man I've got to get training these kids to help more!

27 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I AM YOUR NEWEST FOLLOWER!!! I am loving your blog...you are adorable! I am glad you share my love for circus animal cookies! have a great day and yay for new blog friends.
P.S. I HATE doing laundry!!!

me/mom/NANA said...

I am of course a follower and also entered the Cheer sweepstakes. I think the best prize would be the $1000 grocery spree. Think of the food storage you could get with that money.

me/mom/NANA said...

I think the job I dislike the most was cleaning the george foreman or the griddle. Just too greasy for me. YUCK...

The Jogger Blogger said...

I am a follower!

The Jogger Blogger said...

Least favorite chore-cleaning the bathtub or mopping the floor-both are pretty high up there on my list!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

I follow you but only because you smell good.

Allyssa said...

Following you!

Allyssa said...

My least favorite chore is mopping the floor.

XLMIC said...

A proud follower.

XLMIC said...

least favorite chore: housework.

Debbie S. said...

I, like you, hate laundry. It's the worst.

Detroit Runner said...

Don't like laundry as well. I'm a follower!

FruitFly said...

I follow you!

FruitFly said...

Without a doubt, my least favorite chore is taking clothes out of the washer and either putting them in the dryer or putting them on my air drying rack. HATE IT!!!

P said...

Of course I'm a follower!

P said...

You're linked on my sidebar.

P said...

Cleaning the shower is the chore that I put off forever, which makes it a worse task, which makes me put it off longer, which makes it even WORSE...

Rae said...

I follow!

Rae said...

I dislike cleaning the tub!

E Rostron said...

I am a faithful follower (PS this blog is what finally pushed me into buying a jogging stroller and we love it!)!

E Rostron said...

I entered the sweepstakes!

E Rostron said...

My least favorite chore. Hm, I really don't like doing the dishes!

E Rostron said...

Last but not least, linked the gieaway on my Twitter!

Catey said...

I am a follower! :)

Catey said...

Least favorite chore-ironing. Ugh.

ShutUpandRun said...

I follow!

ShutUpandRun said...

Least favorite chore: changing the sheets. But, really I don't like any of it. Ken actually does the laundry, so he'll like the Cheer.