Monday, December 20, 2010

The blur that was my weekend...

It's amazing how a 2 hour birthday party for a (soon to be) 7 (going on 15) year old can pretty much take 3 days worth of work.

Friday was spent cleaning house and getting things ready for the party.
Leona contributed to this event by creating a beautiful cheese painting.
Then, she and Jonny did a little redecorating while I was in the kitchen doing something else.
Look how proud they are of their handy work.
I do get him dressed sometimes, it's just these jammies are soooo warm.


Somehow, though we made it through Friday, which brought about Birthday Party Day!!  Hooray!
The happy birthday party day girl.
Emme's birthday isn't actually until the 26th, but we thought it would be good to celebrate the first day of winter break before all her friends disappeared for the holidays.  Last year we put if off didn't celebrate until February, which was kind of late.  This year, I broke the cardinal rule of December birthday's and we went with a Christmas themed party... definitely makes decorating easier.  Here's a glimpse in pictures of the festivities.
8 little houses just waiting to be decorated.
Run and run as fast as you can... you'll have to run to work off eating this gingerbread man.
Spin, spin, spin then spin some more.
"Pin the Nose on the Snowman"
Dan lost his job as "spinner" and things got kind of crazy.
I think we had a couple of cheaters people who could see through the bandana.
Nothing like a little craziness.
I think that for every 1 candy put on the houses, 3 were consumed.  I'm sure the nutritionist kid's mom was very pleased with us.
We also decorated stockings for goody bags, made button wreaths, opened presents, played bingo and sugar induced run like crazy through the house tag.  It made for a lot of nonstop action, but it kept 7 girls, Calvin & Leona, thoroughly busy, therefore making Dan and my jobs much easier.

Sunday was spent getting ready for church (it was our Christmas program so the kids wore their fancy new duds... sorry no pics, but trust me, they looked super fly... especially Calvin who was sporting his very own "grown up" tie), being at church, then recovering from being at church by an afternoon of "family wii" time.

If you'll notice, there is one thing missing from my weekend.  Running.  I didn't even do a step of it.  I have not run since Thursday!!  I think that is the longest break I've had in a very, very long time and somehow I managed to sleep in past 7am today, which means I've already missed my opportunity to run today.  I never thought I'd say it, but I wish I had a treadmill...

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, only a couple of days left.

15 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like it was a fun party! The cake and little houses were so cool and creative, what a great idea. Sad to say I could totally relate to the the messes you were cleaning up...cheese on the window, etc...

me/mom/NANA said...

You might not have gotten any running in but if you chased after 9 little one on a sugar high you sure got your exercising in. I also like the idea of the stocking goodie bags, My type of goodie bags are 3 for a dollar from dollar tree. It looked like the party girl had a great time and that is what is most important. Good job mom and dad. I am sure this is a party she will never forget.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Love what you wrote on SUAR's post about how you test out your swimsuit! :) Your kids are so blessed with you as their mommy! Love your pictures. I guess we can be friends even if you are a Duck fan. :) I'm only a Beaver Believer by marriage so we're okay. :)

misszippy said...

What cute kiddos! And you are super creative with those little houses, Martha!

I hope this week gives you some time for running.

Teamarcia said...

Very cute party! I never knew that cardinal rule about December bdays.

XLMIC said...

I love those little gingerbread houses! What a fun party you threw! Your kids are are beautiful!

S Club Mama said...

looks like such fun!! I got your card today- thank you SO much!!

Emz said...

ok
you
totally
rock.

look at you being the best mom ever!
And even took photos of the not as happy [broken pot] stuff. you will love this post even more--next year.

love it.

FruitFly said...

The little girl in me thinks you throw an awesome party! I can't even imagine having to the be grown up with all that hyper little girl action. That was probably all the workout you needed!

Adrienne said...

That looks like a super fun Birthday but do tell me how you narrowed the prep down to 3 days? j/k.

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

My favorite picture is of the frosted cake in the oven. Clearly, the safest place in your house! Great party!

Detroit Runner said...

Cool party decorating houses!

Courtney said...

That looks like an awesome party to me! You seem like an awesome party planner. Will you plan a birthday party for me? ;)

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Wow, that all looks awesome! What a great mom!

P said...

It's official: you are super-mom. What a great party! That cake is so cute and I love the games and crafts...will you adopt me???