Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back on the Road

First off, thanks so much to everyone for your nice anniversary wishes.  In all honesty, 9 years absolutely flew by.  Maybe it's because we've done so much in that time.  In 9 years, we've moved 8 times, had 4 kids, received 3 degrees (2 for Dan, 1 for me), loved and lost 1 cat and, well lost (wouldn't exactly say loved) countless guppies (did you know those things are the rats of the fish world?).  I love that we've been married that long, but I don't love how old that makes me.  Anyway...

Since it was my anniversary, yesterday was spent relaxing and eating bon bons doing laundry and getting ready to leave again.  Today we're headed to visit the grandparents, sleep in strange beds and continue the Christmas present gluttony.  My kids couldn't be more excited.  I'm hoping to get in a little bit of altitude running (anything is altitude after sea level), cross training, maybe in the pool but definitely by pulling kids up the hill in sleds, and try not to eat any too much of all the good things my grandma stocks her house with.  I'm also going to try to figure out some sort of good running goal for next year.  I'm not sure if it will be a mileage goal or a racing goal.  I'd love to do something fun like a race every month but that might get a bit spendy... we'll see.  Do you have any big goals for next year?

I would imagine my posting (and unfortunately my running) will be sporadic at best but I'll come back strong after the kids go back to school in 7 days, 23 hours and 17, 16, 15... seconds... not that I've started the countdown or anything.

8 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

I haven't gotten to spend much time with my kids this break, so no countdown for me, but I understand it. :) Can't wait to hear your goal!

XLMIC said...

Ha! I haven't officially started the countdown yet... not sure if it's because I'm having fun or because I'm too exhausted to think that far ahead!

Need to work on my goals... can't wait to hear yours!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

I started the countdown the first real day of Christmas vacation. Oy. Hope you have a safe and great trip!

Detroit Runner said...

Wow! 8 times in 9 years! That is exhausting alone!

racing dawn said...

Not counting down yet either...just given into the theory that a messy house is a fun house... Still working on the details of 2011, but it's coming along... :)

FruitFly said...

I feel like with you living in Eugene it could get out of control with the racing if you let it. I feel like I am up there all the time these days. I do love that any weekend I want I could find a race to do. But then the $$$$ certainly does add up!

My goal is a minimum of 12 races next year. And to enjoy the 5 half-marathons I'll be doing. There's no turning back now, so I may as well have fun doing them!

Jill said...

STOP the countdown (that just means I have to go back to work then, too. YUCKO!). Have a great 2nd or 3rd or 4th Christmas :) and safe travels!!

Liz said...

i'm with jill... please, no reminders on how little vacation i have left before i have to go back and finish teaching the odyssey to 15 year olds who refuse to crack open a book! lol.