Sunday, November 7, 2010

World Run Day

Did you know that today is World Run Day? If you didn't don't worry, I didn't either. If you did, why didn't you tell me? I happened to find out from Tall Mom's blog, then clicked on the link and apparently it started in 1999 and occurs every year on the Sunday closest to November 8th. If you'd like to read more about World Run Day and it's history, just click HERE.


It's pretty cool and includes a race bib you can download too as well as options to donate money and get a shirt. Unfortunately, I don't usually run on Sunday and today is a very much needed rest day for me... but it's World Run Day, maybe I'll look into running around the block. Next year, though, you better believe I'll be going all out.

Happy World Run Day! What are you going to do to celebrate?

4 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I'm celebrating by not running and going to the gym for the first time in over 4 months. I hope the elliptical doesn't bother my knees!
There's something wrong with not running on this day.

Heather said...

I did run today. Now I am going to pretend I knew!!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

to celebrate, yet another half marathon

Nicole Orriƫns said...

Aw, I missed it too! Didn't know about it.

Mom's Home Run