Thursday, November 4, 2010

Today was a good day...

 There wasn't really anything special about today that made it such a good day, it was just one of those days that seemed to work out.  The same can be said for my run.  Nothing spectacular, just an easy 6 miles where everything seemed to click.  The kids fell right to sleep and I had plenty of time to "sight see" so I took the opportunity to take some pictures of the beautifully foggy fall foliage and such.

Usually I'm not a big fan of spider webs, but when they're covered in fog overlooking the river they look  pretty cool.
 I've been watching this tree turn over the past few weeks, it's starting to be really beautiful.
 Not too many people out this morning...
 This is way zoomed in, hence the bad pixelization, but I've never seen one of those birds (great blue heron?) in a tree... kind of cool.
 I love running in Eugene.
I love running.  Today was a good day.

12 comments:

racing dawn said...

Love the pics. I can feel the calmness. So peaceful being the only one out running.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Beautiful pictures! I wish I was more of a morning runner kind of gal. So hard for me to get going when I get up so early but when I do I always wish I did it more often!

Jen said...

AWESOME... love the pics... and fog.

Quinton J said...

great shots.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

The good days are often unspectacular, but those photos make it seem anything but. Beautiful.

misszippy said...

Looks great...so peaceful.

T S said...

What a beautiful morning. Love your photos from the run. Thanks for sharing!

Runners Fuel said...

I can almost smell the freshness out there. I love those kind of mornings!

kizzy said...

Great photos...I enjoyed looking..Good job...

Good luck!
--kizzy smartwool

Emz said...

awesome post.

super jealous.

love the tree picture.

happy friday!

AshleyR said...

What a lovely day! Those pictures make me jealous. Can I come live there too?

Kevin said...

That looks like a REALLY pretty run

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/