Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day

I got to do something today that, living in Eugene, I don't get to do very often... run in the snow!!  I stepped outside early this morning to this lovely view:
Which, although I'm sure doesn't seem like much to most of you, to us valley dwellers, it's a pretty big deal.
There probably wasn't even an inch, but there was enough to leave footprints
and stroller tracks
and cool snow messages
I felt like a little kid, it was so much fun.  I thought I'd be the only one out, being before 6am on a cold snowy morning and all, but there were quite a few runners out and even more running shoe footprints.  I guess the other Eugene runner's thought it would be fun to get up early and play run in the snow before everyone else too.
Of course the down side to a beautifully snowy/icy morning is that school has been canceled.  This means that, even though it's barely 9am, I've already had to remind my kids that they aren't allowed to play tackle football in the living room nor is it okay to play basketball in the kitchen... it might be a looooong day!

11 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Boy you are strict! :)

Julie said...

My mom is in Eugene and every year we play telephone tag to see who is going to get snow first. You just never know who's going to get it until you hear the phone ring and you're answered with an "it's snowing!". Eugene won this time. She facebooked me this year instead of calling...times they are a changin'...

Glad you had a good time out in it :-)

Emz said...

NO freaking way.

Running with a stroller --in snow.

You rock woman.

FruitFly said...

Wow! Eugene has a lot more snow this morning than Roseburg! I went out for a snowy run, too. But never once actually stepped foot in snow. The roads were perfectly clear, which I guess is good?? :(

You Eugene runners are hard core!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Seriously? A stroller in the snow? You are hardcore.

Jenn said...

School has been canceled? Wow, we wouldn't have much school up here then! I love the snow-not the cold but the snow! Sounds like you had a fun run! I have such an admiration for you guys who push jogging strollers especially in snow!

Anna Walker said...

Snow is lovely!
I can't believe you ran in the snow while pushing a stroller! You're amazing! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

Oh, I love running in the snow! I leave my music at home so I can enjoy the quiet more---and also eat up the "you go, girl!" comments!

Glad you had a fun time! Enjoy!

runninglawyer said...

I love that school is cancelled over that small amount of snow!!! We started getting snow in October (which was even early for us Canadians)! Good for you on getting your run in and having a bit of fun along the way!

XLMIC said...

Also totally impressed with the stroller-in-the-snow running! I love the pictures! A fresh dusting of snow is always so pretty!

Julie D. said...

so fun!