Friday, November 26, 2010

Okay, now it's time...

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  It's right up there with Halloween, Christmas, St. Patrick's Day, my birthday... okay, just about all of them.  It makes me sad that it is slowly being swallowed up by an over commercialized Christmas, though.  Every year, the stores bring out their Christmas decor earlier and earlier.  This year, before Halloween was even over, there were isles full of Christmas decorations and goodies... it made me sad.  :(  I don't want to see Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving is over.

That being said, Thanksgiving is now over... so bring on Christmas!  I thought, with today being the first official day of the Christmas season (Is it?  If not, it should be.) I'd start things off right with my letter to Santa (just in case he hasn't already filled his quota of gifts for me).  I'm going to put it on here, so that if any of his "helper elves" happen to be reading my blog maybe they could get some ideas too.  Plus, you never know, might just give you ideas for your own Christmas list.

Dear Santa,


I've been extremely incredibly very mostly  good this year.  I'll make it easy on you, I want a bunch of cool running stuff.  Here's a basic list to get you started:


 - new headlamp:  although the one I found for a great bargain (only $5!) does it's job (most of the time), it's heavy and bounces around on my head, not to mention the fact that it eats up my batteries like crazy.  I've been eyeing the ones over at Petzl... they look pretty nice!


- arm sleeves:  for whatever reason I've gotten it in my head that my running wardrobe will not be complete without a pair of arm sleeves.  I've seen them around and I'd love to try a pair out.  I'm pretty sure that I want to wear them for my first marathon in May.  There are a great pair that Moeben makes that I think would be perfect for the Eugene Marathon (is it bad that I'm already planning my outfit?).  You can check them out HERE  or look around for yourself at Zombierunner.com.


- trail shoes:  I really want to do more trail running.  I went on a great run yesterday up and down some pretty cool single track trails and it was a blast.  Although my regular running shoes would hold up just fine, it would just make sense to add some trail shoes into the mix.  I don't have any specific ones in mind, maybe your elves know of something that would work well for me?


 - clothes:  A girl can never have enough (running) clothes.  Although I'd be happy with anything (and everything, especially if its a gift), there are a few items that have been on my wish list for a bit... The Heiress Softshell Jacket from Saucony is just what I need to be bright, warm and dry this winter (waterproof, yet breathable, yes please!).  I'd also love a nice short sleeved tee and I've heard some great things about the Brooks EZ T, plus, it would look great with the Moeben sleeves!  Rumor has it that Runningskirts.com has updated the compression shorts under their athletic skirts, I'd love to give one of them a try too, maybe the chocofluers or pumpkin dot one?  I'd also love anything from Sugoi, hmmm, maybe the Piston 200 tights or the Speedster 2 hoodie...


I could make this list go on and one, but I want you to have time to read other lists too (and I don't want you to think I'm being too needy).  I realize I might be asking for a lot, but I think I'm deserving and if not maybe I can make it up to you next year?  Also, I've got a deal for you... my kids have really only been mediocre this year so you can skimp on their goodies.  In fact, I'll hook them up with some school clothes or some other equally boring gift then you can focus all your time and effort on me... that's 4 for the price of 1!  Sounds like a great deal to me!  I'll even throw in a whole  batch of cookies instead of just a plate, or better yet, how 'bout a pie?  Maybe some Gu... it is a marathon of a night for you.


Hope all is well on the Christmas planning front. 


Yours Truly,
Laurie  :)

12 comments:

misszippy said...

Great list. Runner's World had some really cool looking trail shoes featured this month...earmark the page for Santa!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

What fun! I think I'll copy your list and send it to Santa for me! Although, I already have some Moeben sleeves and really like them.

Emz said...

The list rocks.

Hope you get it all!!

runninglawyer said...

Love the list! So cute!

Amanda@runninghood said...

I need some real runner arm sleeves. I've been using my kids' baby legs...they are little leg covers and can cover their (and mine) arms. I get a few looks when I wear the dinosaur ones so I mostly stick to the colorful stripes. ;)

Teamarcia said...

Great list! Mmmmmmoeben!

P said...

Funny post!! I have a pair of Moebens and a pair of Nathan reflective sleeves - LOVE 'EM! They make your summer running shirts last all winter long.

runningwithababyonboard said...

Love the list. I just bought a Running Skirt's subzero with the tights. It was 25% off at my running store and I couldn't resist! You have to get one; not only does it look HOT, it feels so nice! I can't wait to go running tomorrow.

ERG said...

Will you send Santa my way when he's done at your house? =D

I need one of those Petzls too. Also- I am there with you on Christmas starting after Thanksgiving!

FruitFly said...

I hope Santa listens to you! And it is never too early to start thinking about what you'll wear for the big race!

Kristin said...

I have two of those Brooks shirts (can't resist a "run" shirt)--love 'em!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Sleeves, so on my list...whatever list that us.