Friday, November 12, 2010

Ode to SUAR

In the blogging world
there many different choices,
lots of different sites
full of quite distinctive voices.

But if I'm forced to read just one,
yes, that's right, only one
You'd better believe that blog will be
Shut Up and Run!

Ol' Beth does well to keep it real
from sunup to sundown
and when it comes to running stuff
she doesn't mess around.

She tells it like it is
which sometimes isn't pretty
in fact it can be down right gross and
often times quite sh*tty.

Sometimes she can be brash
and even a little crude
She's not afraid to call you out
and often times be rude.

Yet still each day I check her out
to see what she will write
and more than once I've read her posts
to my husband late at night.

She makes me laugh, she's made me cry
She blogs with full emotion
Towards running and her family,
She gives complete devotion.

From her three legged dog with just one eye
to running times with Dean
There is no question in my mind
this lady is the queen.

She even has a bobble head
made completely just for her.
That alone gives me solid reason
to be her humble stalker.

A bit ago she broke her hip
I know, can you say ouch?!
But with pole dancing and swimming
She's hardly moping on the couch.

Nope she's still busy writing
and keepin' us all in check
Doing more than most do
even with her fractured femoral neck.

I read her posts,  each daily
they always bring me smiles
and often times I think of her
when running on for miles.

SUAR keeps me going
and definitely keeps me inspired
And if there's one thing that is for sure
Of her blog, I'll never be tired.

16 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Love it!

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

hahahaha great! I love her too, she is freaking hysterical! And I can't even imagine a broken femoral neck ... sounds horrible.

ERG said...

Ooh! She does poetry!
+675 points =D

Amanda@runninghood said...

Oooh, she does poetry about SUAR = + 675 entries to winning the running skirt giveaway. :) Nice. Love it.

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I love SUAR too! Great poem!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Oh, and I want that skirt too, but I'm nowhere near a small:(

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Even though this is not about me, this is excellent (read shitty). :)

ShutUpandRun said...

OK this is like the coolest thing I've ever read. I feel like I need to pay you a million dollars or give you a hug or a wedgie or something. You just made my day. My night. My week. My month!!! Printing it out now.

Jen said...

So true... way to go! We should start a SUAR club.

Tortuga_Runner said...

Just found her blog yesterday, love her!

Heather said...

I'll go now and check her out.
But if I don't get of the computer soon my family will pout.
I tried.

Julie said...

I <3 poems like this!!! Right up my alley. What a great job you did!

JenniferLeah said...

this is just awesomeness!!
love the way you did all the links too-this is ART people!!
love it :)

Catey said...

lol! Love it! Dead on too. :)

Heather said...

Love this!

FruitFly said...

That's awesome! I saw on her blog that she made a poem writer the winner of her contest ... but I didn't realize on Saturday that YOU were the one that wrote it! Very creative!