Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Official

Although it's almost an entire year away I'm super excited to be signed up to run Hood to Coast, the "mother" of all relays, next August.  Unfortunately, the team I was hoping to run with (my brother, my good friend and some others) didn't get picked but as a consolation prize I've been recruited to run with a fairly well established (as in they've been running it together for the past 7 years, I believe) team, the Blister Sisters, to replace one of their "retired" runners.  It's kind of daunting to join such a close knit team, but I'm still super excited and think it will be an awesome experience.  Plus, I think an all girls team will totally rock!  Have you ever run on a long distance relay team?  Anyone doing Hood to Coast?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway... tomorrow is the last day for entries.  Happy Monday, hope your week is off to a great start!

12 comments:

Courtney said...

Thats super exciting!! :) I'm signed up to do Ragnar with an all ladies team in June

Runners Fuel said...

Exciting! Congrats!!

Teamarcia said...

that is so cool. I've never done a relay but would love to!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

I'm looking into a Ragnar, hoping you have a great experience!

Alanna said...

So jealous, but very excited for you!

Dick said...

Congratulations, Laurie!!! That's good news for you, but bad news for me. That means since we didn't get picked again this year I'll have to rely on Crater Lake to get me motivated.

I wonder when your brother is going to send out the bad news...maybe after Janna has her baby?

Zaneta said...

congrats!! That's so exciting!! :)

Adrienne said...

I've heard Hood to Coast is awesome. Would love to do that one year. I've done the Wasatch Back Ragnar and it was fun but how should I say....not as fun as what I was expecting.

Julie D. said...

LUCKY!!! I've never run H2C but want to some day. It is getting harder and harder to get in. Have fun!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

I love Hood to Coast. I have not run it since 2004 when I was prego with my first daughter. Since then, I love sleep way too much and get way too little of it that I've decided to wait until I get more solid sleep in my life. :) But now that my youngest is 16 months, that day is approaching quickly. Congrats to you on winning the running skirt! :) Well done.

track coach and adorable wife said...

That is awesome! I am jealous, that would be such a fun race to do.

racing dawn said...

It will be a BLAST! Seriously if another spot becomes available please remember me! I would come do it in a second! I did Red Rock Relay this last summer which is set up similar but out in my neck of the woods. You will never be more tired than after that race! But so worth it!