Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

This will be short, I'll do a full recap later sometime but just thought I'd let you know that the race went well.  I had a great time meeting up with Kim & Elkton Runner as well as Little Fruit Fly.  I couldn't have asked for much better running weather and when all was said and done I ended up with almost a 4 minute PR.  Unofficially, 1:42 and some change.  Not too shabby and not a bad way to start out my birthday.  (Yup, it's today.)   No finisher medals, but we did score a pretty bitchin' mug.  Thanks for all the encouraging comments.  You guys totally rock!  Now I think it's time for some hot chocolate (in my new mug of course) and a nap.  Have a great weekend.

22 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Congrats!!! WAs totally thinking about you this morning! So happy for you.

P said...

WOW!! A 4-minute PR is pretty much the most awesome birthday present ever!
Happy, happy day to you, my friend - I hope this year is filled with PRs (and other good stuff, too)! :-)

Amanda@runninghood said...

Oh and Happy Birthday!!

XLMIC said...

Congrats oon the PR!
Happy Birthday!!!!

Teamarcia said...

Congrats Ms Speedy McSpeed! A PR is an awesome birthday present!

Kris said...

Wow, awesome job on the PR and happy birthday!

*~* *~* Tracy said...

Happy Birthday!

Julie D. said...

Wow!! a 4 minute-PR is amazing!! happy birthday!!

Catey said...

Congratulations!! That is awesome, and the perfect way to start your birthday! Happy Birthday!! Hope the rest of the day is just as great. :)

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Congrats on your race, and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Zaneta said...

CONGRATS!!! :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

racing dawn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great weekend - way to start it off with a PR! Congrats!!!

runningwithababyonboard said...

what a perfect way to spend your birthday! i hope it was as perfect as you wished. :)
happiest wishes to what's left of your day.

Angie Bee said...

Congrats on the PR!! Happy Birthday to you :)

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Awesome PR!!! And Happy Birthday (November girls ROCK).

Angela said...

Congrats on the awesome PR and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anna Walker said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
I bet that PR made your Birthday super super fantastic! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

ERG said...

How did I run this race with you and totally miss the fact that it was your birthday?! Happy BIRTHDAY!
You were fantastic today!!!

I really enjoyed meeting you in person- you are as nice in person as you are on here! :)

FruitFly said...

I didn't know it is your birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

How fun to PR on your birthday!

Marci said...

Yay! You are so awesome!

Tortuga_Runner said...

PR is a hell of a birthday present, nice!