Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

I'll spare you the long and mushy details of all the things I'm thankful for and instead give you a short and sweet condensed version:

I'm so thankful for :

FAMILY:  My husband and kids who daily do so many things that simply amaze me.  I'm grateful to be so blessed with such a thoughtful, caring and understanding husband who can almost always make me laugh but also knows when to leave me alone.  I also, have to give thanks daily for the opportunity I have to be the mom to such four unique lovable little ones.  Even though, almost any given day they challenge my sanity, they've helped me become the person I am and I love them to itty, bitty, teeny tiny pieces...  Also, my parents, my in-laws & my grandma who have always been nothing but supportive in everything but especially my running & writing endeavors.

FRIENDS:  I honestly don't have many, which makes me so much more thankful for the few I have.  I know that I could call on them at any time and they would be there for me.   There are even some of you that I have yet to meet that I would definitely consider friends.  Thank you for reading the meanderings of my days and leaving me comments, they really make my day!

FITNESS:  I feel so blessed to be healthy and have the ability to be active daily.  Knowing that at any given time I could go for a run or play at the park with my kids or do something as simple as walk across the street to check my mail is such a great thing.

FAITH:  To know that my life has purpose and that I can be my best at anything I put effort into is also a great blessing to me.  I'm grateful for my beliefs and the core values that come with them.  I'm also grateful for this reminder to "Live in Thanksgiving Daily".

I hope you all have a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving surrounded by the things you love.  Happy Running!

3 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

My sanity gets challenged daily too.

Have a wonderful t'giving.

ErinandShane said...

I assume you're at grandma's Emma lost my cell phone and with it, Grandma's phone number. PLEASE tell her hello for me and I'm sorry we could not be there.

love to read your blog, enjoy your holidays.

me/mom/NANA said...

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. You, Daniel and your 4 BEAUTIFUL children are counted as some of our blessings as well. Enjoy your day and be safe tomorrow.