Monday, November 1, 2010

Bring on the week...

It has been a fairly long and eventful weekend. Here's a recap:

Actually, this picture was from Tuesday, but my little Luigi is awfully cute, so I thought I'd throw it in anyway. (By the way, all pics are from my phone, so I'll apologize ahead of time for the quality.)
Friday was Emme's school party & parade.  She had a great time as a purple Fairy Princess.  She did wear wings (and shoes) to school, just didn't have them on in the picture.
Saturday morning, I had the opportunity to join Laura of Run Momma Run for a group trail run she organized.  It was a super great time.  I've always thought that I could really get into trail running and now that I've actually gone running on a trail, I know that I could really get into trail running.  It was a blast.  There was mud and rocks, a little stream and mud and bushes and mud and fog and, did I mention mud...  I took a few pictures but we started when it was still pretty dark and I'm not too good at taking pictures on the fly.
just starting out... still pretty dark

starting to get lighter but pretty foggy

the group (minus me) at the turn around

and an action shot... we can pretend that I was going so fast that the world was a blur... ha ha.
Laura actually has a great write up and a video (that isn't blurry) on her blog, you should check it out.  Just click HERE.

We also had plans to head up to Portland on Saturday to go to a friend's Halloween party.  So after my run, I rushed home and took a quick shower in hopes to make it to the party on time.  When I got out of the shower, though, I was met with Calvin laying on the couch looking as white as a sheet.  Before I could tell him that he didn't look so great, he puked all over the floor.  (Sorry no pictures of that... he he)  After a little deliberation, it was decided that Dan would stay home with Calvin and I'd take the other 3 to the party.  So I loaded the girls and Jonny into the car and we were on our happy little Halloween way.  Long story short, before we were even an hour into our two hour trip, Leona (who had said earlier her tummy "really really hurt" but I didn't "really really" believe her because she tends to copy everything Calvin does) spewed all over the car.  We made a quick stop in Albany to clean up the car and Leona (who was quite upset to change out of  her Halloween shirt) then headed solemnly back to Eugene.  Emme was so, so, so sad.  :(

To try and salvage Emme's Halloween weekend (or at least bribe her into smiling), Jonny and I decided to take her out to see the Pumpkin Festival at 5th Street Public Market and I think it worked.  We had a great time!


Emme's class decorated pumpkins for the festival with chalkboard paint and pastels.  They were super cute!

She also had her fact painted.  The lady really, really, really wanted to make her a cat...

but Emme insisted on a butterfly, hmm maybe she should have taken her up on the cat.
Saturday evening brought about an awesome duck game (8-0, oh yeah baby! and #1 in all 3 polls, not too shabby) and finally the end to Calvin's puking.  (Luckily Leona only had the one time in the car... Cavin, not so lucky.  All. Day. Long.  Poor kid.)

Today, the girls, Jonny and I went to church while Dan and a still fairly peaked Calvin stayed home to rest up a bit.  At about 5pm (the same time Dan finally succumbed to this nasty illness the rest of us have overcome) we finally started carving our pumpkins.  I have to admit it wasn't the best job in the world, but 4 pumpkins gutted and carved in less than 30 minutes has to win some sort of award...
I think our beautiful weather stained porch really adds to the spooky atmosphere, no?

And then it was time to go trick-or-treating.  I was a bit hesitant to take all 4 kids by myself (poor, poor sick Dan) but it went pretty well.  The kids had a great time, especially Leona who was a first timer and was all about it.  (You mean I get to go to all these houses and they're going to tell me how cute I am and give me candy?  Can we do this everyday?!)
Two fairy princesses, Mario & Luigi
Now, it's almost  after midnight (yikes! where did the time go), my house is absolutely destroyed and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a candy hangover in the morning but here I sit blogging and watching Bridezillas (its either that or scary movies which I DON'T do... yep, huge scaredy cat).  Oh well, I'll deal with it all tomorrow.  Oh tomorrow... a no school day (Tuesday too) and parent teacher conferences, not to mention four loads of laundry waiting to be folded and kids chomping at the bit to put a serious dent in their Halloween loot, yeah, bring on the week.  :)

8 comments:

runningwithababyonboard said...

the kids look absolutely adorable! and bridezillas fits the horror genre, doesn't it? :)

Quinton J said...

That trail run looked so fun and so awesome (I peeped the video on your friend’s blog). Loved the part with you guys running through the fog! And the kids look adorable!

P said...

The Mario and Luigi costumes are AWESOME!
What an eventful weekend you had! It's probably a good thing the kids don't have school today, so you can all rest up and hopefully get over being sick.

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I want to trail run with you and Laura! I thought about trying to work it out and get down there...next time, next time! So glad you had fun.
Awesome way to visit Albany! Clean it up and turn around. Next time you come up here we need to go run!

AshleyR said...

Yay, for trail running! Glad you loved it. I'm always excited to hear about people finding the love for running trails!

Elizabeth said...

So many comments... where to start...
* Johnny looks adorable.
* Sorry Noni got sick in the car - yuck (double yuck!)
* Glad Calvin is better and got to go trick or treating.
* Loved Emme's class pumpkins and her butterfly. (MaKenna was a black cat... super easy)
* Lots of trails around here for you to run on.
* Hope Daniel gets better - I didn't know he was sick...I was bugging him (txt) last night.
* #1, #1, #1 - LOVE IT.

Run Momma Run said...

Hey Laurie - so great to go trail running with you. I will let you know when we have another one. Sounds like some of your readers might want to come too - that would be awesome! Sorry to hear bout all the spewing. I hope this week is barf-free and a good one for you! ~Laura

Breein said...

I can't believe how big they all are! And we are excited to meet Jonny too. See you all the day after Thanksgiving