Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday...

Yep, today is Thursday... that's about all I have to say, aren't you glad you stopped by?

I think I have a wee bit of "blogger's block" so bare with me as I throw out some randomness.

Today is picture day at my kids' school.  This means that after spending the last couple of weeks trying to decide what they should wear to best bring out their cheery dispositions and beautifully cheesy smiles we finally decided on some outfits last night after they should have already been in bed.  This morning meant a shower for Calvin so his hair could look cool and stylishly curly but not like he just rolled out of bed like it usually does (because he usually just did) and hair straightening for Emme because she wanted to be polished and smooth, not frizzy and untamed like normal.  What this means, however in picture world, is that we rushed and stressed this morning so that they could look super fly heading out the door but by the time pictures roll around (most likely after morning recess) they will be grass stained and frizzy headed with red noses and morning snack crumbs still in their teeth.  Gotta love picture day!

My mom and mother-in-law are coming in to town tomorrow to hang with us for the weekend.  My mom will be running the Monster Mash 5K with me on Saturday.  It will be her first running race and I am super excited for her.  Its a great race with fun costumes and trick or treating along the way.  I ran it for the first time last year and had a fun time.  Last year I managed to get a (post college/kids) PR even though I was almost 5 months pregnant with Jonny.  I'm hoping to PR again this year, especially since it's my only chance to do so for the PR Challenge with Run to the Finish.  Between the "costume" I've picked and the copious amounts of liquid sunshine we're expected to have Saturday morning it might be tough... we'll see.

It's almost Halloween!! I love Halloween.  We haven't decorated yet, but will be doing so soon.  The kids' costumes are mostly put together.  Calvin will be Mario, which by default means Jonny gets to be Luigi.  Emme is going to be a fairy so by default (must do everything the same of course) Leona will be a fairy too.  Emme & Calvin both have parties at school, we have a church party, we're going to a family party in Portland and we'll most likely go trick or treating too... lots of opportunities to wear those costumes.  How do you feel about Halloween?  Do you dress up and do the party thing or are you more like my parents (mostly my dad) who shut all the blinds and turn off all the lights and talk in a whisper so no one knows they're home...

Oh, also today is super big football day... (should have been a post in itself can't believe I forgot)  We, the #2 in the nation, Oregon Ducks, will be stomping all over UCLA tonight.  Should prove to be a great game and it will be on ESPN starting at 6pm PST, you should definitely check it out... and wear yellow and cheer for the ducks of course.  Go Oregon!!!

10 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

Yay for Halloween! I have been decorating for weeks now, I am slow! We are having a party Saturday and then going to a party next Friday, then Trick or Treating and who knows what else!

Your race sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe you should dress like the flash!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Sorry about having to delete that post. I'm a dummy and misspelled your name and I so couldn't have that.

Laurie, for you I will be wearing yellow tonight and will be cheering for the Ducks during commercial breaks of CSI.

As for picture day, it's always crazy in my house. I either forget or am reminded the morning of.

I hope you and your mom have an awesome race.

Emz said...

I have no real "reason" to love the ducks but I do!! I always cheer for the ducks!!

I love Halloween. It's in my top two for fav holidays!!

Tricia said...

sounds like a fun race!

Heather said...

I love Halloween!! I am disappointed that two of mine are trying to decide they are too old. Phooey on them!!

Zaneta said...

haha, i remember picture day! I hated it because I never dressed up in school so i usually forgot it was picture day and looked like a boy in my pictures because my hair was up in a ponytail or something like that lol...

SJ's Mommy said...

This family is actually die hard Texas Longhorn fans. My mother bought SJ a shirt cause she thought it was soo cute. Its a yellow Oregon shirt with their mascot on it and it says "I'm a Duck". It's the only other team she is allowed to wear. lol

AshleyR said...

Good luck to your mom! Hope you guys have a great time.

Quinton J said...

Running with your mom? That's amazing. Tell her that Q from 'Q on the Move' says good luck.