Monday, October 4, 2010

The Run that Almost Wasn't

I'm not off to a very good start this week.  After spending an entire weekend eating very poorly and sleeping even worse, I was feeling a bit sluggish this morning and struggled to get my self-imposed chores done in a timely fashion (or really at all).  Unfortunately, by the time I had the kids loaded in the stroller and headed out the door I had less than 45 minutes (until kindergarten pickup) to get my 7 mile run in.  Sometimes I pretend to be speedy but not THAT speedy.  A loooong red light followed by a loooong phone call that I had to take (really only 2:37 but when you're standing on the sidewalk with a jogging stroller, talking on a cell phone watching you run time get shorter and shorter, 2 minutes seems like forever) and my run time was down to only about 38 minutes.  Long story short, my 7 miles turned into not quite 5.

The rest of the week isn't looking to be much better.  Morning appointments tomorrow and Wednesday followed by no school on Thursday and Friday with soccer practices and matches thrown in just for fun will make running during daylight hours virtually impossible.  Guess it's time to get a fresh battery in my headlamp because I'm about to make some predawn running dates with the pavement.  Ugh.

7 comments:

Emz said...

....but yay for 5! :) You got out there. That's the biggest thing.

Go get that battery lady! ;)

You're awesome.

k2323 said...

Good job on the 5. At least it's not too cold in the early mornings yet!

Heather said...

That is still a pretty fast run! I'll be thinking of you during my pre dawn run!! It will be like we are running together....very far from each other and not quite the same speed. (You are quick!)

Irene said...

Gettng up pre-dawn? That is commitment!

P said...

Oh, I hear you on the scheduling issues! It only gets better from here with the kids and their after school activities. You are such a rock star, squeezing every last mile into your busy day!!

Quinton J said...

Being a “jogging stroller/soccer mom” myself…I know what it’s like.
It’s tough taking care of these liddle’ ragga-muffins AND mustering up the energy to get in good quality runs. Good on you for getting out there anyway.
Oh and those pre-dawn runs are my favorite.

Zaneta said...

you still got out there and did almost 5! That counts for sure! :D