Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oh Canada...

Would you mind curbing your geese?  I realize that Everyone Poops (yes, Dan, after almost 9 years of marriage I'm admitting it) but does there have to be so much of it, all over where I'm running?  Yes, I expect the occasional dog poop, and even a random horse or cow dropping if the location is right (or wrong depending on how you look at it) but at least with those larger dieted animals their droppings are easy to maneuver around.  Not the case with our ever so friendly Canada geese friends and their slimy little turdlets (yeah, not a word but oh so fitting) that coat the bike path making avoidance virtually impossible.  Just so we're clear, I have absolutely no problem with my neighbors to the North (well, maybe those directly north in the land of Huskies, it is football season after all, sorry Kim, I'll try to overlook your loyalties) but those across the border (assuming you aren't Husky fans) we're cool (happy belated Thanksgiving by the way), I was just hoping maybe you could teach your geese a little bit about path etiquette before you send them on their merry migrating way.

Now that we have that taken care of, who is it I need to talk to about the black and orange fuzzy caterpillars?

13 comments:

P said...

LOL! When we lived in Washington, all that goose poop was probably the hardest thing to get used to. It's pretty shocking how much poop those guys leave hanging around! I don't have that problem anymore, but I do see coyote poop on my path pretty frequently - yikes!

Alanna said...

Yeah, it's gross, but they crap up here before flying south so I know what you mean... they kind of give Canada a bad name. If you're really lucky they'll chase you when you run by. I guess that growing up with them around makes me not notice how bad it is. Honestly, though, I'd far rather step in goose poop than on a slug.

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

Pretty much every morning in the summer I look out my window and there are 50 or so geese crapping all over the hillside by my condo. I do live about 20 miles from Canada though, so their GPS might just be off ...

k2323 said...

Hey, don't you run in the dark?

More importantly, have you signed up for the EWEB race yet?

Kim

ajh said...

Very funny! I'm no fan of geese for many reasons!

AshleyR said...

Try taking three dogs for a walk down a street randomly strewn with goose poop, not fun! Impossible to get home without at least one dog having a feast. 8(

Canadian runner said...

I am with Alanna on this one... I hardly notice the poop, it the chasing goose that I really hate.. you know the one when they run after you with their mouth open an head down... ankle bitters.

run4may said...

That's so funny. I know what you mean, it's like they have the runs all the time.

Forward Foot Strides said...

I often run through a park, where people feed the geese, RIGHT on the paved path. Meaning I have to run through a flock (is that' what it's called?) of geese, and they REFUSE to move, and they hiss.

Then I have to run through their poop because they've been stuffed full of bread.

Ahhh, thank goodness they're emigrating now! (Sorry.)

track coach and adorable wife said...

I am feeling bad for ya, but that post was hilarious, especially the catepillar part! hope your poop clears up soon!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

This is clearly a job for Beth, we need her appointed Minister of Poop and get this taken care of!

me/mom/NANA said...

Your father in law would recommend a little 22. Sorry. :0(

Teamarcia said...

I also love when they block the path then hiss at you when you try to pass....EEK!