Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If I had one wish...

I'd have a hard time choosing what to wish for but I think it would be more time.  Nothing amazingly obscene or anything, just the ability to add 10 minutes here and 5 minutes there.  The possibilities of that talent would be amazing:

Last minute wardrobe change, no problem.
Shoelaces in a triple tight double knot, no worries.
5 minutes to get someplace 10 minutes away, that's alright.
Went to bed at 11, had to get up at 1, 2, 4 and had your alarm set for 4:45, that's okay, take an extra 30 minutes on me.
2 seconds before it's time to leave... "Actually, I want cold lunch, not lunch at school." "Okay, let me just set the clock back a tick, we can do this."

Yep, if I had one wish, it wouldn't be for mountains of money or even world peace... nope, I'd wish for the ability to control time or in other words  the ability to put things off even just a few moments longer and most likely still be running late.  :P

11 comments:

Meredith said...

Oooh. I like that! Years ago, I realized there was a bit of a time warp that happened when loading kids in the car. I always thought it only took a couple minutes and would be shocked every time I would start the car and find it had actually been 20. I was SURE someone had just hit fast forward. Man, seriously, love your wish!

Emz said...

I l ove reading your post.

So honest. I love it.

Sending you an extra 5 minutes from AZ! hurry - go use it! ;)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I would take the mountain of money, I think with lots and lots of money I would have much more TIME :)

track coach and adorable wife said...

That's a really great one! Of course, now I wish that power really existed, Thanks!

k2323 said...

You have 4 kids! You'll get some of your time back as they get older. Can you imagine when they are all in school all day? Ah, the mid week long runs you'll pull off!

Adrienne said...

I've always known what I would wish for if I had one wish. It would be to have more wishes. Seems logical to me.

Irene said...

World peace is overrated... I like your wish MUCH better!

10 minutes away? I can make it there in 3 minutes. ;-)

Pemberton Family said...

Gosh we could be living the same life right now, right down to the alarm clock. How did that morning run go? Hope you got that head lamp light replaced.

Quick question: Do you run with the kids on your early morning runs as well or is that time for you? It seems to me that you always have one of them along for the ride.

Janet said...

Love your wish. I am at the end of an 11 hour day at work. Just not enough time to do all that I need to here, at home, and at church. I hope you do get more time as your children get older. It didn't work for me. I just had to go to work outside the home. No matter how hard you wish there is never enough time. Sorry for the dreary post, I'm just tired at the end of a long day.

runningwithababyonboard said...

i feel ya!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

one wish.. i could eat anything i wanted and always have sick pack abs and lovely legs for my whole life.. yup that's right totally superficial :)