Saturday, October 2, 2010

Game Day, Baby!

It's Saturday, which means game day, specifically Oregon Duck Football game day. If you remember from my previous post  we kind of go all out (to the best of our abilities at least) for game day.  Well, today, ESPN's College GameDay is in town for the  #4 Duck's stomping slaughtering match up against #9 Stanford so we had to get in on the action.  Dan and his sister (who is in town for the weekend) took Emme & Calvin to the festivities while I loaded up Leona & Jonny into BOB for a run to the fun.
Over the footbridge...
to one of the coolest stadiums in the nation.
To be part of this...

Big mistake to let Leona out for this picture... it was a tantrum induced brawl small fight getting her back into the stroller.
Here's all the action... we didn't head over to it as something about such a large crowd in such a small place and such a big stroller with such little kids didn't add up to much fun.

If you look really closely you can see Desmond Howard & Chris Fowler (the ESPN guys) talking under the tent.

I was trying to take a picture of the kids and me outside of Autzen when two nice runner guys stopped mid run and offered to take it for me.  I love runners!
Jonny was OUT, Leona, however, was faking, she didn't like the guy taking her picture.  Also, I really need to get a technical Oregon tee... it's been a long time since I've run in cotton and it was unpleasant (I'm really spoiled!).
Here are the guys that took the picture for me.  I caught them easily and could have/should have passed them but decided that since they had been so kind I didn't want to hurt their pride and opted to hang back behind them for about a mile.
Leona likes to put her hands on the support bar and pretend she's pushing the stroller.  It would be great it if was actually helping.  She also likes to yell, "I'm helping, let's go faster.  Run faster, Mommy!"

And since it's been a photo tour of my run, I'll leave you with a couple pictures of Historic Hayward Field...

Home of the Oregon Ducks track team,
the 2011 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships
the 2012 Olympic Trials
and best of all, the start and finish of the 2011 Eugene Marathon.

What a great way to start the weekend!  

GO DUCKS!!!

9 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Thanks to your sweet husband, I have been up since 6:11 AM getting ready and excited about game day too. :0) GO DUCKS.

Krista said...

What running skirt are you wearing in the pic? Totally cute!! I just got a new Bob this week for me and Sissy to use while big bro is in school. LOVE IT!

k2323 said...

Great post! How fun. I'll even be cheering for your Ducks today!

The Turtle said...

I love your socks!

Meredith said...

awesome run and love the pic of you and the kiddos!!

Krista said...

Hi Again,

Mentioned you in my blog today. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Krista
http://craftinginthecloset.blogspot.com/

Angela said...

Awesome post Laurie. I just showed my husband your pictures and tour of college gameday on your run and he was impressed, that says a lot for someone who is an SEC fan, LOL!!!!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

I love the photo of her trying to help you push. Too cute! If only that helped!!!

Janet said...

Looks like it was a fun run. Great pictures.