Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bleh...

One of the joys of having kids is getting to share all their fun things with them, like their new toys, their excitement for holidays, yummy snacks and of course their germs!  Hooray!  My oldest daughter had some sort of stomach bug Saturday evening to Sunday afternoon that kept her close to the bathroom for most of the night and got her out of church on Sunday.  I felt so sorry for the poor little thing, puking her guts out and looking all pale and sickly.  I should have known though that it's never good enough to just sympathize because lo and behold less than 48 hours after she was feeling better I was the one looking pale and sickly and puking my guts out.  There is nothing worse than being a mom and being sick... the world just doesn't stop for you.  Luckily my sweet husband happened to get out of work early and save the day by making dinner, showering everyone and getting them all (except Jonny, silly mamma's boy) to bed and asleep BEFORE 7pm.  (The time might have had a little bit to do with his plans to watch the Blazer game at 7 but it definitely doesn't take away from the sweetness of it.)

Anyway, I'm feeling much better this morning, no real harm done unless you take into account the speed workout I missed this morning and probably won't be making up.  (Yes, I was thinking about that and feeling sorry for myself while curled up shivering and cold on my bathroom floor.)  Luckily it was only a 24 hour thing.  Unfortunately, there are still 4 people left in our household who have not yet been blessed with the bug... I wonder which poor souls will be missing out on trick-or-treating this year?  :(

Oh, also soccer season is finally over!  It's amazing how much more time I have when not worrying about 2 practices and 4 matches a week.  Here's a picture of Calvin's team... 


Calvin is on the bottom left in the black socks... goofy kids.

9 comments:

Emz said...

Love the photo.

Bummer about the bug. Hoping it DOESN'T spread to the currently uninfected. ;)

Diana Tries-A-Tri! said...

So cute! Glad you're feeling better!

me/mom/NANA said...

I feel your pain. In my tummy. I think I am getting sick myself. Still I wouldn't have missed this past weekend for anything.

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Really only the one on the left in the photo is worrisome. He definitely looks up to no good.

Heather said...

Hope you're feeling better, Laurie...I too feel your pain...

P said...

Ugh! So sorry you caught the bug, and so funny that you were thinking about your speedwork in between puking. You are one tough mama!

Heather said...

I am glad you are feeling better.
I hope the rest are immune.

Julie D. said...

Yuck. stomach bug is the worst. Isn't it amazing how much time sports takes up? I'm dreading what its going to be like when all 3 are in sports...

Katherine said...

Hi Laurie! My name is Katherine and I am reaching out on behalf of P&G Fabric Care. We love your blog, and wanted to leave word for you here that we’d like to work with you if you’re open to receiving information from us. If so, please contact me at ksaunders@devries-pr.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!