Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ah the irony...

It's amazing to me that I can run 40+ mile weeks for many weeks, including long runs of up to 15 miles, without ever getting a blister, but I walk less than a mile to and from play group today wearing these bad boys (that I have literally worn for ever)
and I have 4 (no joke) blisters between both feet, 3 on top, 1 under my big toe.  I guess that's what I get for sleeping in this morning and then skipping out on my only other chance to go running today.

12 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

Bummer about the blisters!

runningwithababyonboard said...

I've thought the same, except about high heels. How is it I can run mile after mile but can't wear a pair of high heels for more than an hour without horrible blisters? :)

Heather said...

I have been wondering lately why when I get home from running the heels of both socks and shoes are bloody...it never hurts...I only see a small old blister??????

(Hope your feet feel better soon.

racing dawn said...

That just happened to me...I ran in an old pair of runners, ones in which I uses to run in all the time but haven't for months, and came home with 3 blisters. Seriously, what is up with that? :)Hope yours fade away quick!

run4may said...

dislike blisters, hope they are quick to disappear.

Tortuga_Runner said...

I hate when I get weak, no glory injuries. Blisters for a lame reason are in fact lame. Good luck getting a solid black toe or blister you can be proud of!

Teamarcia said...

I don't even know how people can WALK long distances--it kills my legs!

Quinton J said...

serves you right. that'll teach you.

misszippy said...

Ugh! That's the way it goes sometimes...

Molly said...

OUCH! That stinks.

Runners Fuel said...

I hate blisters!

Meredith said...

Oh my word!! That stinks!