Friday, September 17, 2010

Sexy Personified

There are several images that come to mind when someone mentions sexy...
Johnny Depp in Benny & Joon for example,
or in Chocolat,
or as a pirate,
or as himself...
although, not so much as Willy Wonka... kind of creepy.


Also, there's Brad Pitt in Thelma & Louise,
or in A River Runs Through It,
or Legends of the Fall.

Did I mention Brad Pitt?
Shakira has a certain sex appeal that, despite my husband's claim that it's all her voice, has a fair amount to do with her hips.
Then there's Kate Beckinsale in Underworld who, despite Twilight's claim to fame, really made the vampire idea sexy.
For my more "mature" readers, there has ALWAYS been Sean Connery.
Or, if he doesn't do it for you, there's always Taylor Lautner.
(You're welcome Grammy, if you just right click on the image you can save it your computer background :P)

So, what does this have to do with running? Well, let me tell you what isn't sexy. Me, pushing a double jogger, complete with kids & a few groceries, down West 11th, on the return trip of my 9+ mile run (I like to multitask), drenched in sweat, snot and spit up (gotta love the three S's), complete with frizzy hair to boot. So, under no circumstances and for no reason, should anyone be honking or whistling at me. Because if someone (let alone 3 different cars worth of someones) find that attractive, they need to check out a few more movies... any of the above would do.

18 comments:

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

LOL - awesome post!
And my guess is that they were honking at you because you are SUPERWOMAN. Geez, that's impressive! :)

Krista said...

You rock! I might have a girl crush on your ability to do all that! :)

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Love it!

Kendra said...

That is hilarious.

Heather said...

Made my day, Laurie. Made my day.

Zaneta said...

HAHAHA!! loved this post!! And super job on the multitasking!! :D

P said...

I'm hoping at least one of those Ss wasn't from you...
Awesome job gettin' it all done, Super Mama!

Teamarcia said...

Maybe your skirt was up in the back...just sayin.

Marci said...

Are you trying to build your readership again by including the word "sexy" on your running blog? I'm sorry but it would take a lot more than some sweat to make you look gross.

ajh said...

Funny! I'll take Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall. Like the long hair!

Dan Higgins said...

It REALLY is her voice... I think.

Callie. said...

But Laurie, snot IS sexy.

Jill said...

Hahah, very funny post. I had twins and used to push them in the double jogger - I can relate to the multitasking.

Heather said...

Good for you!! Impressive list of accomplishments and all the while looking honk worthy!!

Elaine said...

Love this, but gosh you make me feel downright LAZY!

Could it be that you're just supercute and people see that even with the stroller, the kids, the groceries, and the sweat?

I think it might be possible

Oh, and you forgot one man for the "mature readers": William Petersen (Gil Grissom on CSI). He turns my spine to jelly... :)

runningwithababyonboard said...

Apparently snot is hot!

But other than that, there's nothing hotter than strength. :)

You rock!

Pemberton Family said...

Ok I had to comment on this post. I have been meaning to since I found your blog from Shut Up and Run but haven't gotten a chance to say "hi, I am following you now:)" that sounded weird!

Anyway, congrats on your half marathon. Your time rocked. I am running a half next Saturday and my goal is 1:45 (just like yours)but I will be happy if I PR (my previous best was 1:49). If you can run that 6 months after having a baby then you can get 1:45 easily in no time!

I have 2 kids (3 and 1) and like you do the majority of my runs (short and long) pushing both the boys in my jogging stroller. I have a BOB double, which is what I think you said you had too? I love it!

Alright, just wanted to say hi and kind of "introduce" myself. Love your blog.

Oh and they were whistling at your hot legs, they probably never even noticed your frizzy hair:)

Carolyn

Julie said...

so funny!! What's the problem???---us runner mom's are HOT! LOL! :)