Thursday, September 23, 2010

Officially a Soccer Mom

With two kids now playing soccer and the recent purchase of this monstrosity lovely vehicle...
(Hooray! A car of our very own, that fits our whole family... been a loooong time coming)
I have officially become a soccer mom. Luckily though, there is tons of trunk space... see for yourself:
Which means I can fit my jogging-stroller mom necessity inside and don't have to hang out at soccer practice playing out the soccer mom role to its entirety.
Now all I have to do is get those cutesy little family stick figures and the image will be complete.  Ha ha... never!!  Although, if you clicked on the link, I might consider getting "The Ass" family ones.

Also, I just noticed some sucker great person became my 100th follower!!  I'm so excited.  I'll definitely have to do something to celebrate... stay tuned.

12 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

You are probably the most beautiful, sexy soccer mom out there and as for your minivan, I would love it. Enjoy this time in your life. The little ones grow up very fast and you will be alone waiting for them to take pity on you and bring the grandchildren to see crazy ole nana. I love your blog and check it several times a day to see what's new.

Emz said...

YaY on 100!!

Get the stickers!! love it!!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Ha, I just don't think I have the confidence to rock a minivan, though we definitely need a bigger vehicle!

Heather said...

Congrats on the vehicle and the followers!!

Julie said...

NIce! Congrats on the van---you'll rock it!!

Kovas Palubinskas said...

We got a minivan in June and to be honest, it's nowhere near as terrible as I imagined.

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

I will admit that I love my minivan. I fought it and fought it, and then realized the convenience wasn't worth caring about the looks of it! I also do art shows, though, and the stow n' go seats rock!

Tortuga_Runner said...

yay for soccer moms!

Rae said...

Sweet van! We got a van when I was preggo with the twins. We love it!

Dick said...

Trust me, Laurie...no matter how convenient and necessary your mini-van is, you'll always be aware of the scrutinizing/critical looks from people who believe in zero population growth when you unload your four kids in whatever parking lot you pull into. Now that you're driving your "soccer Mom van", just work on your one-finger wave, and life will be good.

P said...

I have to say that I absolutely love my minivan, and if anyone can rock the soccer-mom thing it's YOU! But please, please, please don't get those stickers (unless you get the ass ones, those are funny).

Beana said...

I was such a reluctant minivan driver, but when my 3rd child was born--and I had three in carseats, there was no option. Now though, I do love it. And I love that my double jogger fits in the back and there is STILL room for other stuff.