Monday, September 20, 2010

Gotta Get Going

So, after a long weekend off of running, (I haven't run since last Thursday!) I'm definitely feeling the need to get more dedicated. I think right at this moment, I'm at a small point where I could see myself falling out of a regular routine and I don't want that to happen. I started to sit down and figure out a training plan but I haven't come up with one that I'm completely satisfied with yet. All I know is that I've gotta get going. I worked too hard to get in pretty good shape (probably the best shape I've EVER been in) for my half and I want to keep it up.

What I need is a plan of action. Right now I'll just settle for some action though. I think two kids, a jogging stroller and the Riverbank path will be just the action I need. The plan will have to come a bit later... it will definitely need to involve some races, I think that's the only way for me to stay truly motivated. Do you find it hard to stay motivated if you don't have a race in the future, or do you always have something scheduled? What gets you going?

8 comments:

Heather said...

An upcoming race certainly helps. I can't seem to focus when I am doing all that work just for the sole purpose of looking cute!!

track coach and adorable wife said...

I need to have races to stay truly focused! Otherwise it just becomes casual workingout here and there.

racing dawn said...

Definitely need races. Without them it's so hard for me to get through the really tough workouts and training runs. Gotta have a pay off, Something to look forward to...

P said...

I always have a race on the horizon. I'm plenty motivated to get out there and run, but I don't push myself to go longer or faster unless I'm training for something.

Zaneta said...

I've had races scheduled since april... so i guess we'll find out once the winter hits lol

Julie said...

I have to have races on the schedule or I'm afraid I would stay in bed every morning instead of hitting the road!

Adrienne said...

I'm in the same boat as you. Don't have anything on the schedule as far as races because there is no room on the schedule for a race but it's easy to slack when there isn't anything to motivate you. Especially with fall and winter season coming on. Good luck on the planning thing. Thanks for the reminder.

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

one day at a time right?! I always found just trying to find something consistent helped me stay on track