Thursday, September 9, 2010

Free at Last (or Back to School Pt. 2)


We just got back from shipping Calvin off to his first day of kindergarten. He was so excited, in fact his only disappointment was when I told him I'd be walking him into his classroom instead of leaving him at the front of the school. I'd like to believe that he was merely trying to display his confidence and independence, however, knowing Calvin I wouldn't put it past him to be having thoughts of ditching class. (As in, hmmm, if mom drops me at the front of the school I can slip through and out the gym doors and be home playing the Wii before she has even taken Emme to her class.) He's kind of tricksy that way.

So now, I'm free... if you can consider having only two kids at home free. I do, because it means that between 8 and noon, Monday through Thursday (no school for Cal on Fridays) I can put the two littlest ones in the double jogger and run for as long and as far as I want to (as long as I bring snacks and am home by noon). Or, I could put them down for naps and clean the house without "help" or go grocery shopping without wanting to strangle anyone or even take a nap... hmm, the possibilities seem endless. Happy back to school to me!

8 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Happy independence day. Enjoy your time. Calvin looks very excited but he also looks like he has trouble brewing in his brain.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Congratulations to you! I wish I felt free with two at home! Maybe once I get to four, two will seem much more simple! or you are just a better super mom than I!

Rae said...

Another cutie!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Woo-hoo! Happy back-to-school. I'm celebrating too... this is my first year with two at school and only ONE at home... it IS freedom!!!

misszippy said...

Baby steps to freedom! Enjoy it. And Calvin is oh so cute!

Callie. said...

the fact that today has made me want to strangle someone over here, makes me that more jealous that you will have such freedom! Enjoy!!

Stephanie said...

Definitely happy back to school to you! We were all ready to get back as well. Yay!

P said...

Happy back to school to you all!! I'm sure the little ones love being the only ones at home. I know I've said it before, but your kids are SO. DARN. CUTE!!